xvi || SPLIT

[EDITED]

MIKE was pacing around the basement as Ashley cried on the floor. Emily stood there, turning her hand back and forth. She let it go, though, because she went to calm down a frantic Mike, who was reading the journal entries by Victor.

"I'll give you 20 later," Sam groaned.

Mike stopped, "We have to go get Josh and Chris now."

He started to run out of the basement, and we all followed him. I grabbed the gun that Ashley nearly killed my sister with, because I think we'll need it.

We stopped around the living room, "Are there any sort of weapons?" I held up the gun, which he took.

"We're gonna have to split up, but first, we need to find that tunnel from here to the Sanatorium."

Mike was explaining to us his plan. Emily and I looked around for any sort of weapon, and she took some kitchen knives.

"Em, that's not going to work against the Wendigo. We need fire," I informed her.

Ashley spoke, "I'm sure Chris and Josh haven't gotten far into the mines."

"Well, then... Who's going where?" I overhead Sam talking to the group.

Mike spoke first, "I'm going to the Sanatorium."

Emily was next, "I'll go to the mines."

"I go wherever my sister goes," I confirmed. Sam and Ashley wanted to go to the mines also, so poor little Mike was going to go alone to the Sanatorium. Poor dude. Mike led us to the tunnel, leading us to the mines.

"Good luck, girls. Stay alive."

We told him the same in unison.

I wasn't really paying attention because my thoughts took me back to Josh. I know he's alive because of his determination, but I feel unsure. Sometimes being too determined is your demise, so being too self-confident or having a low-self esteem can get you killed. And I pray that this won't be him.

My Joshua... I feel remorse letting him go down into those mines without me, alone with Chris. Staying with my sister is vital, but losing him would be an eternity of missed opportunities. I didn't want it to be the last time I saw his bright green eyes, and I didn't want that to be our first, and last true kiss. The boy is doing it out of love and sacrifice, but with him... With Josh I cannot afford to lose that. The burning passion we share is unbreakable, and no matter what has happened tonight, my friends will have to understand that. And they will.

"Ess! Come help us!" I hear the shouts of my sister.

A door, like those metal ones by the maniac's workshop, was present. Sam, Emily, and Ashley were pushing on it. I joined, but it wouldn't barge. If Mike was here, it probably would. When I looked to my hands, I saw that there was no handle on the door. Hm.

I informed my friends, "There's no handle on the door. And it looks to heavy to put our backs into it."

Sam wiped sweat off of her forehead, "There's gotta be somewhere out of here."