Author's Note!

A/N (Author's Note)

Hello everyone! It's Maddie.

First off, I want to take time out of my day to express on how successful I've been with Until Dawn. Cliché, I know, and that you guys have really shaped the book to what it is today is also cliché and astounding to me. I get so giddy even looking back on this book because I've been with the Until Dawn fandom since about Late 2016/Early 2017 and made a fan account for it in November of 2017.

It's been a hell of a ride. With almost 3,000 reads and almost 400 comments leads me to believe that I did something well with this book; that I did something well with Essence and tying her into the story event-by-event as it happened—but in her eyes. That I wrote something that made you guys like Essence and Josh together. I couldn't thank you enough. Seriously—this book was created out of boredom, with no intention to go on, but you guys have made it special within your hearts and within mine.

Mainly, I just wanted to thank you. That's my ultimate goal: to make you guys happy and enjoy reading. But I have an announcement.

I HAVE ANOTHER UD BOOK UP!

Sorry that I put that in the most obnoxious way possible; the bold, italics, and underlining wasn't really necessary, but I feel like this is big.

If you're like me, you love Josh and Sam together. Yes, some people don't ship it, and yes, they don't end up together or really even hint that they have something going, but it is a ship. It is something that I find cute.

LiKe I lOvE tHeM tOgEtHeR. I would say they're endgame but people on Instagram are getting angry saying that the term endgame means that the two people you're shipping actually end up together, but doesn't every person ignore the fact that Josh just had to die in the original game? Yeah. So there's a Jamantha/Jomantha/Jossam/Jam book out on my profile now.

I'm not forcing you to check it out, but it's there if you want to read it! Expect the feels, please. Bring tissues because you're in for a roller coaster. You thought this was bad? (Cue evil laughter)

The description of the book is there, and so is the disclaimer, but I'll summarize it here if you're just that eager to already head over there.

Synopsis: Sam and Mike don't find Josh in the mines. When the rescuers come to save them, eventually learning about Josh, they go back into the mines. They do not find him. Sam, desperate to know about his whereabouts, begins to write letters to Josh in hope that he is still alive.

Disclaimer, in summary: The book is NOT AT ALL RELATED TO THIS ONE. :)

Extra: This book is an AU, which stand for alternate universe. As you can tell if you've played the game or watched playthroughs, Josh is in the mines. But in my story, he's nowhere to be found. That's what gives Sam the drive to begin writing letters to him.

Again, you don't have to read it. There is nothing wrong with not being interested in another of my books. I am not at all offended! You do you. Just because I do (lame) self promotion doesn't mean you don't have to check it out. I am not at all pressuring you.

BUT for those who do want to check it out, the book is called Dear Joshua. :)

Thank you all for a wonderful experience here on Wattpad. It's been a fabulous three years and I can't wait to see what's in store for the next three! I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day or night!

— Maddie