xx || EPILOGUE

[EDITED]

[Many Years Later ]

I am very proud to say that Josh's and I's lives have changed for the better. I couldn't have been any more grateful for him and the events that brought the group closer. It's been years since what happened on the mountain, and I'm glad that Josh has been able to fight through his challenges. Especially since his diagnosis of schizophrenia.

Dr. Hill apologized sympathetically for causing Josh to go a bit coo-koo, but it was only with me in the room that day. I deeply understood and didn't get on him, and it was all because I knew that Josh liked his current therapist.

We weren't going to leave Dr. Hill just because of a misunderstanding, they were just as innocent as Josh even though it's their job to get patients healthier and prescribe them the correct medicine. I'm very patient, so it doesn't really matter. I mostly give everyone second chances, so I was willing to give Josh's therapist a bit of relief from stress.

My bare feet carried me to the study, where the man of my dreams was softly snoring. The poor boy was probably working on a script or something, must've falling asleep during the journey. I was about to scold him on sleeping in the study, but I dismissed the thought. The next thing I knew was shaking him awake, and a little groan was heard from him.

"Babe, if you're tired, you can go sleep in our bed," I cooed to him. I watched his head nod, and he stood up. Rubbing his eyes, I led him to the our bedroom where our little Anya-Elaine was stirring.

Our two year old girl hadn't experienced what is the terrible twos, so Josh and I have been mentally sighing in relief. Thank God.

Little Anya-Elaine yawned. I thought her to be awake, but she just flipped to the side, facing where her father was adjusting himself into our comfortable bed. Half awake, he gently held our daughter close to his arms. Their breaths became one, and I smiled. Daddy-daughter moments. I still hope she loves me more than Josh, though. Daddy spoils her to the point of no return but my daughter has always been a softie for her father. Other than me, she brings the softness and gentle side of him.

God, the look in Josh's eyes stroking his daughter's caramel hair—just like mine. I walked a few steps back to the door, my head of hair flipping as I looked back to my baby girl and my husband; the loves of my life. I close the door slowly and quietly, making sure as I do that I don't wake them up. I gather some breakfast items and ingredients so that I can make my loves breakfast. After all, it is Saturday.

My parents and Emily live right across from our home. It was a great advantage living literally next to each other, because I am such a clingy person. Even though my sister has been annoying to me throughout our years, it's best to have your sister/best friend right next door. And, for my parents, the same goes with them. They want to be able to see their kids and grandkids all day, everyday.

I wouldn't blame them. Emily has always known that I want to be as close to family as possible. We still live our normal, daily lives, but we're all way closer than the average family in miles.

Josh and I thought about moving to America, but I think we are waiting awhile, and it's because once you leave Canada, and are Canadians, they usually don't let you back into the country. I married a Canadian, so we'd be somewhat shunned for going to America and then coming back for trips, but whatever at this point.