Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

Marcel Harry Styles P.O.V

When I left work I drove straight home. I had x-rayed myself earlier and confirmed my thought that I in fact have 11 broken ribs but I also bought some extreme pain killers at the hospital's pharmacy and they had just kicked in. I arrived home at 7:40 and parked my car in its usually spot in the basement. As I got out I checked my makeup and hair to see they both had stayed in place.

I took the elevator to the lobby so I could talk to Mrs. Daver who seemed to be packing up for the night.

"Mrs. Daver?" I beckoned her to stop walking away so we could talk.

"Yes Marcel," she spoke tiredly.

"I w-would like to talk to you about a text I got," I gave her my phone and she read it.

"Oh yes sweetheart. Will you be able to go?"

"Maybe? Can you tell me some more information? It says to text back but you're right here," I said receiving my phone back and putting it in my back pocket.

"Okay. Well every 20 or so years we gather. The reason we do it is so people can find lost siblings or meet people in similar situations. DC has the biggest campus so we call it our headquarters. We strongly insist everyone go. DC also has the highest adoption rate so most kids get families there also. That text was sent to everyone that is in the orphanage being foster cared or have been adopted in the last 3 years. That's really all I know. The flights and stuff are organized by the St. Paul's charity not house mothers so if you want to know about that stuff you need to text Anna Loo back," she looked at me confidently.

"O-okay, t-thanks," I whisper and walk towards the elevator.

"Good night!" she yelled back and I waved to her.

After the short ride I got into my room, walked over to the fruit bowl and started to eat an apple. Most weekdays when I work I miss out on mass dinner but it didn't bother me. I never went even on normal days because I was so much older (quite different from school) the everyone there. All the little kids would stare because I normally wouldn't shower before I went down and they liked to look at the nerd. Plus the food wasn't the best if you know what I mean.

After my apple I went to have another quick shower before bed. I was in and out in two minutes flat. I dressed in my usual bed gear which consisted only of my polka dot boxers.

I stiffly crawled into bed and went to sleep ignoring my throbbing side.

I woke up to a loud knock at the front door. "What?!" I groaned to myself and groggily got out of my bed which was the bottom bunk on the right side of the room in front of the bedroom door. I stumbled over without putting on my glasses which made my vision really blurry.