Johnsons underwear

We all look up as Vernon and Bender come into the library.

"Get your stuff, lets go!" Vernon said to Bender before he turned to all of us. "Mr. Wiseguy here has taken it upon himself to go to the gymnasium. I'm sorry to inform you, you're going to be without his services for the rest of the day."

"Boo hoo." Bender said.

"Everything's a big joke, huh Bender? The false alarm you pulled Friday, false alarms are really funny aren't they? What if your home, what if your family, what if your dope was on fire?" Vernon asked.

"Impossible sir, it's in Johnsons underwear." Bender answered, causing Andrew and I to laugh.

"You think he's funny? You think this is cute? You think he's bitchin, is that what it is? Let me tell you something. Look at him, he's a bum. You wanna see something funny? You go visit John Bender in five years. You'll see how God damned funny he is. What's the matter John? You gonna cry? Let's go." Vernon says as he grabs Benders shoulder.

"Hey keep your fuckin hands off me! I expect better manners from you, Dick!"

Bender takes out his sunglasses and puts them on Andrews desk. "For better hallway vision."

------------------------------------------------------

We were all sitting in the library, making small talk when I heard a noise.

"Hey, shut up!" I said, interrupting the conversation Claire, Andrew, and Brian were having about where they thought Vernon took Bender.

They all stopped talking and looked at me. I heard a creaking noise coming from the ceiling. Then I heard somebody talking.

"Is that Bender?" I asked.

"Oh shit!" We heard Bender yell as he came crashing through the ceiling of the library.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" I asked Bender as he came walking down the stairs.

"I forgot my pencil."

We all hear Vernon yelling in the hallway and Bender gets under Andrew and Claire's table.

"What was that ruckus?" Vernon yells.

"Uh, what ruckus?" Andrew asks.

"I was just in my office and I heard a ruckus."

"Could you describe the ruckus, sir?" Brian asked.

"Watch your tongue young man! Watch it!" Vernon said to Brian.

I see Bender hit his head on the table from where I'm sitting. I let out an irritated groan and smack my hand on the table. Vernon was really getting on my last nerve.

"Look man, we weren't doing anything in here alright!" I snapped at Vernon.

"Oh right, because I should really believe you! I'm sure you're the reason for the ruckus, right?" Vernon yelled at me.

"What if I was! What are you gonna do about it?" I yelled, completely losing it on Vernon.

"I'll make sure I give your father a call and let him know about all of this!" Vernon threatened.

I shoved my chair back from the table, slammed my hands down onto it, and stood up. "Go ahead! Nobody's stopping you! I don't give a shit what you do anymore!"

"Fine! I'll go call him right now!" Vernon yelled.

"Great! And tell him I told you this too, fuck you!" I yelled back, sticking my middle finger up at Vernon.

Vernon didn't have anything to say back. He just shook his head and stormed out of the library.

I sighed and realized that everybody was staring at me. Brian and Allison kind of looked scared, Andrews eyes were wide, Bender was grinning from ear to ear, and Claire had an unreadable expression.

"What?" I snapped at them before sitting down.

"I have never been more proud in my life!" Bender said while going for a high five. I just shot him a glare. I was still fuming. "No? Okay." Bender said, walking over to Brian.

Brian hands Bender back his bag of marijuana.

"Yo wastoid, you're not gonna blaze up in here!" Andrew yelled after him.

Claire gets up and follows Bender, Brian following after. Even Allison gets up after a minute.

Andrew gets up and walks over to me. "Are you okay?" He asks softly.

"Never better." I said, letting out a sigh.

"C'mon." He said, holding out his hand for me.

I took it and he pulled me up from my chair. We walked over to where everybody else was, Andrew still not letting go of my hand.