Prolouge

Harry sat at his desk in the Ministry of Magic, staring at the small gold object that was placed on his desk by one of his best friends. He sat there as thoughts raced through his mind.

'I know what your thinking,' she said, but not even her words would prompt him to take his focus off the object. But she knew he was listening and she knew she was right.

The empty silence between them was filled by unspoken thoughts. What if... What could have been... Unspoken questions, unknown answers.

Harry had seen the time turner only once before in his life. His third year when he and the women standing in front of him, Hermione Granger-Weasley, had travelled back in time to save a hipogriff and his Godfather. That was an experience that he could never forget or regret. Though that was a distant memory, happening almost twenty-five years ago.

If three turns could save two lives, how many lives could be saved by more?

'It is my responsibility to show you this as Head of Magical Law Enforcement and you Head of the Auror Department,' she said slowly and carefully trying not to voice the thoughts that they were both thinking. 'It was left in the Leaky Cauldron last night by mistake. The barmaid contacted us right away,' she let out a breath as she prepared herself to deliver the next news. 'She overheard the man doing a business deal with a woman. Apparently there are others out there,' Hermione said as she showed a worried face to her friend and colleague.

'What?' Harry replied confused. He stared at her for a whole second before she responded. Questions flooded through his mind, racing at a million miles and hour. But only one thing was clear to him. This was bad.

-----