Chapter Five

A silence fell over the room once more. Most of the newcomers were just shocked about what had just happened. Not only had they been flung back in time, they had been flung back into a time when their parents were their own ages, and those who had died, were still living. 

The last fact played on Victoire's mind immensely.

She had known Teddy for of her life and therefore grew up being told that he lost his parents at a young age, in fact he has never really met them, only heard stories about them. At a young age, Victoire didn't quite understand this, but when she started Hogwarts, as the eldest cousin of her family, she was all alone. All of her other cousins would have family there, except her. 

It was at this time, the time when she realised how much family meant and how much she missed them, that she understood Teddy. 

They had always been family friends, but those first few weeks, Victoire ran to Teddy for comfort and safety, because he was the closest thing to family she had. 

He understood. 

And at the time, that was all that mattered. It wasn't long after that she realised that it was selfish to cry about someone you missed to a person who had no one to miss. 

But Teddy understood.

He was her saviour, an older brother in her time of need. It wasn't until right before the start of her third year and Teddy's fifth year, when they were all staying at Grimmauld Place, that she actually thanked him for everything that he had done when she started Hogwarts. She knew that it was hard for him.

That night they talked for ages, about everything. From what it was like for Teddy growing up to their crazy family that Teddy had been welcomed into, to their parents.

After that night Victoire not only went to bed with a huge crush, but with a crazy detailed knowledge of Teddy familial situation and his feelings on it. She knew that he had just accepted the hand that fate had given him, but with what had just happened, Teddy being in the same time that his parents were living in, Victoire was worried about him.

'We need to speak to Dumbledore,' said Teddy.

Everyone in the room looked at him with a puzzled expression. Albus had only heard stories about his namesake, but was dumbfounded to realise that Professor Albus Dumbledore was currently alive and he could meet him.

The two twins shot glances at each other before returning to their guests.

'How do we know that you're not Death Eaters?' one of them said.

Fred laughed aloud. 

James almost did too, but composed himself enough to answer. 'Wouldn't you already be dead by now if we were?'

Fred's laughter died out and as it did he was met with curious glances from the twins. Fred started to suspect that they knew something was wrong, that the he was strangely similar in a way they couldn't quite comprehend. 

Suddenly, the focus of the room shifted to loud footsteps that were storming up the stairs.

'What the devil is taking you so long?' said the familiar voice of Molly Weasley, grandmother to most of the children in the room. She shoved her sons out of the way and went into the room only to find fourteen strangers string back at her. She was so scared and confused that she fainted about five seconds later.

-----

'Oh, no,' said one of the twins as he caught one of his mother's arms. The other twin had the other arm. Between them they were able to catch her fall.