Chapter Nine

Nymphadora Tonks had always been someone who was out-going, having something thrust upon her from a young age. When she discovered that she was a metamorphmegus she saw that she had two options to live out the rest of her life.

Either stay within the lines and pretend that she didn't have those powers, try to hide them and not use them at all or she could embrace it.

If you've met Tonks, you would know that she embraced it.

Since she had been at Gimmauld Place, hardly a minute went by where she wasn't talking and being the life of the party, how ever dimly lit others were around her.

Not once had she been lost for words until this boy named Teddy, with bright blue hair told her that she was his mother.

Tonks stared at the boy who would be her future son. He was tall, maybe an inch more than Remus. He had her natural smile and his fathers eyes. He was perfect.

Tears formed in her eyes, and contrary to popular belief, they were tears of joys, despite being told that she would die in about two years.

She stood up and walked over to her son, who she realised she would never know, and she hugged him. She sobbed and she held him. After what felt like a second, but later Remus assured her was three minutes, Teddy's mother was swapped for his father, who too gave him a warm embrace.

Remus had never thought he would be able to have children, this was truly a miracle. But there was one question that Remus needed answering from his son, though being over come with emotion, he was only barely able to get it out.

'Are you a...?'

'No,' his son said right back to him.

Perfect. Remus thought. His son is perfect.

Sirius would remark later that evening that 'it was a touching moment and there was not a dry eye in the room'.

'Well,' Sirius began in the present, 'Moony, I promise you that I will not stuff up being a Godfather this time,'

And with those words the time travelling kids from the future fell eerily silent. They knew that Sirius wouldn't survive the school year, but how could they tell him? He'd had such an awful life. From what Harry had told his son, James knew that even knowing this fact would be heat breaking to Sirius.

James tried to play it off cooly. 'You would have been... except Uncle Remus granted dad with that blessing. You know, the whole saving the wizarding world thing? Kinda sounds better than Azkaban escapee....'

Lily, relieved that her brother was able to play that off well... enough, she thought that she would address the room. 'We can understand that everything we have said is a lot to take in, and I'm sure you have questions for us, as we do for you.'

'But first,' Teddy interrupted, 'can you please send a message to Dumbledore? We really need his help to get home.'

'We can send word out,' said Moody, speaking up for the first time since the newcomers had arrived.

'But no promises,' interjected Harry. 'He hasn't been exactly the most responsive this year.' He said bitterly.

Teddy remembered a story his Godfather had told him when Teddy was in his first year of Auror training. At that point him and Victorie had been dating for two and a half years. They were completely in love, but Victorie had to go back to Hogwarts for the first time without Teddy. And for the first time they were apart, and it almost broke them. One day Teddy almost broke down under the stress. He couldn't handle it anymore and he was going to break up with Victorie. At this point he was staying with the Potters at Grimmauld Place as it was easier for him to travel to training every day. As his pen touched the paper to start writing those heart wrenching words Harry knocked on the door. With no answer from a distraught Teddy, Harry simply came in and said, 'talk to me. What's wrong?'

Teddy broke down crying. Communication between him and Victorie had been horrible. At Hogwarts they saw each other every day, and over the summer they saw each other two or three times a week, not they were lucky if they were able to find time to write a letter to each other. The whole thing was so frustrating to Teddy. He never really had anyone to confide in, growing up, so he was used to bottling everything up, but this was too much. He broke and Harry bore witness to it. Teddy felt horrible, he didn't know what to do, he was so confused about everything until Harry told him the single most important story he had ever heard, and with it the most important piece of advice. 'When I was in my fifth year, I went through a massive communication break down. To the point where I was left in the dark. I had so many questions that I needed to answer, but when that person came back, everything fell back into place.'

Teddy had always assumed that Harry was talking about Ginny, but with events having gone the way that they had gone, Teddy now realised that he was talking about Dumbledore.

'Trust,' Teddy said to the confused younger version of his Godfather sitting in front of him.

'Trust?' Replied Harry.

'Yeah, that's what you told me. The most important thing you have ever told me. Trust that things will work out and trust that there is a reason, a good reason.'

Mad-Eye Moody stepped back into the room. 'I've sent word by portrait to the headmasters office, but the chances that he gets that aren't great. Remus, can you write a message to send?'

'Yes. I'll get to it,' Remus hurried off to find some parchment, ink and a quill before returning back to the table.

Much to everyone's surprise, Sirius was the one to speak up first. 'There's a black market for prancing supplies?'

'We assume so...' James started.

'The guy who sold us the time turner was very sketchy,' said Fred II.

'Which makes us believe that our supposedly good friend, Anon, didn't actually run a prank store in Canada, but probably dealt with some shady things and people.'

'You said the guys name was Anon?' said Hermione.

'Yeah,' said Fred II. 'You heard of him?' He said hopefully.

The room snickered. Hermione was not the sort of person who would be buying prank supplies off of sketchy people.

'No, but Anon is a commonly used nickname,' she said.

'For what?' Jame said even more hopefully, hoping that what ever information their aunt could provide would make the situation for James and Fred better when they got home by knowing who did it.

'Anon, as in Anonymous.'

'Shit,' the pair said in unison.

'Language!' said Roxy.

'You guys fell for the oldest trick in the book,' Hermione said, then looking at George and Harry, 'what on earth have you been teaching your sons!'

'Are you saying that this is our fault?' Harry defended himself.

'Yeah,' George agreed with Harry.

'I dunno, maybe,' she retorted. 'I doubt my kids have gotten into any trouble,' she proceeded to stare at the children who would one day become her own.

'No!' Rose exclaimed energetically. 'Never!'

'What about that time when mum groun-' Hugo started, before his sister cut home off.

'Never, were good kids.'

Hermione seemed content enough with that response to be able to rub it into the faces of her now friends, but future family's faces.

Harry steered the conversation back to the time travellers and away from his friends criticisms of his future parenting.

'What's with Malfoy's kid?'