Crash Into Me

Hi everyone :) I know, it's been ages but I've been going through some pretty serious stuff and I've had awful writers block!

The good news is that while everything around me was crazy I got a really good bunch of ideas for a book. So here it is.

I really hope you all like it! Please VOTE COMMENT AND FAN :) 

Love xx

*******

 “Home sweet home.” My older brother Kyle exclaimed, shooting me his patented grin, before dumping the duffel bags in his hands onto the carpeted floor of his flat.

I looked around the sparsely decorated space, realising for the very first time that it was now my home. Even though I’d visited Kyle on numerous occasions, I’d never once considered the possibility that I’d be moving in with him one day.

“Arielle.” He prompted, sliding an arm across my shoulders, “You alright?”

I looked up at him, his eyes worried and his hair messy, and I knew that he was hurting just as much as me. “Are you?” I countered.

He gave me a weary smile “I’ll survive.”

“Well then so will I.” I assured him, dropping my head onto his shoulder like I used to when I was little.

He pulled me down the corridor into the spacious open plan living area “You wanna see your room?”

I gave him a non committal shrug and he led me into the first room on the left side of the corridor. With a flourish he swung open the door and swept me inside.

It was beautiful, and for a moment I felt teary at the idea that he’d gone to so much trouble to make me feel comfortable. The room was airy and light, with three white walls and the fourth, against which was a large bed, was patterned with pale pink flowers.

I gestured airily to the room “You didn’t have to do all this Ky.”

He shrugged “I wanted too.”

“I love it.” I grinned, “Really.”

He nodded, pleased, and then asked “Is it alright with you if I have some friends round tonight?”

I raised a curious eyebrow.

“For the game I mean.” He clarified, looking suddenly tense.

“Sure.”

*

After Kyle left me to unpack my things I’d collapsed onto the inviting bed. But now I awoke to the unmistakable sounds of the basketball game that I could hear, along with several male voices, through my bedroom walls.

Pulling on my comfy hot-pants and a tank top I shuffled out of my room, gathering my dishevelled hair into a haphazard pony tail. Immediately the sounds of laughter and conversation reached me, and for a single moment I couldn’t help but enjoy them. Then, giving myself a mental shake, I took a deep breath and walked into the room.

Instantaneously four pairs of eyes flew toward me, and the steady conversation came to a halt.

Kyle stood up, wrapped a brotherly arm around me and turned me toward them.

“Guys this is my little sister Arielle.” He announced. “Arielle, meet the guys.”

“Hi.” I murmured, sweeping my eyes across the group noticing, on a purely superficial level, that they were all exceptionally well built.

“Hey, I’m Cole. We’ve heard a lot about you.” The guy on the armchair told me, his mouth tilting up into a grin, “All good by the way.”

 “I’m Josh.” The guy beside him told me and pointed toward the boy sprawled across the floor nursing a beer “That’s Nathan.” Nathan lifted his hand in a wave before returning his gaze to the TV.

I smiled at them, “Nice to meet you-“          

“Kyle there’s no more beer in the fridge.” A deep, almost musical voice behind me declared.

I turned, and, just like that, my voice caught in my throat. The boy that stood there stopped in his tracks and stared right back at me with liquid molten eyes. They traced my face, then across my body, like a caress, and I could feel the heat of his gaze like a flood. His jaw clenched as his eyes continued to wander down the exposed skin that my shorts showcased and I watched the attraction flare in his eyes.

He was beautiful, all hard planes and angles, with tanned hollowed cheeks, that led to a perfect set of lush lips. Through the thin white tee I could see the lean lines of his torso, and the wide shoulders that tapered down to a trim waist and muscular legs. Instinctively he took a step closer and the scent of him, something inherently masculine, wafted up my nostrils and my knees went weak.

“It’s in the pantry.” Kyle stated.

The boy tilted his head, his dark eyes still fixed on mine, “What is?”

Kyle gave us his full attention now “The beer is in the pantry Jason.” His eyes darted between us curiously, before he said “Jase, meet my sister Arielle.”

Jason, whose eyes still hadn’t left mine, smiled a slow devastating smile.

“Yo, little bro, if you’re done ogling Arielle, will you just get us some freaking beer?” Cole asked, with a teasing wink in my direction.

I flushed, hastily diverting my eyes from Jason’s face, but he only chuckled softly, giving me one last hot look, before disappearing back into the kitchen.

Kyle reached for the popcorn, grimacing slightly at the exchange and asked “You going to watch the game with us?”

“No, I’m pretty tired actually. And since tomorrows my first day at school, I really don’t want to be late.”

“That’s probably a good idea.” Nathan agreed with a small smile “I got a detention on my first day of Senior Year.”

“We all did.” Kyle recalled, grinning unabashedly.

“You rebels you.” I joked, gratified to hear their answering laughs.

“Don’t worry Miss.Arielle, we won’t let you get into any trouble.” Cole assured me “Jason can drive you and show you around.”

At that moment Jason strolled in, his eyes finding mine immediately, and his mouth tilted up into a sexy smirk  “Sounds good to me.”

*******

 Worth continuing? Tell me what you think please? I'd love to hear it.

Thank you so much for your support in reading, means so much.

Love xx