Chapter 2

I was nervous going to Kayla's house that night. She flashed me a smile when she opened the door and let me in. We had the place to ourselves since her parents were working and wouldn't get home until late. She was wearing the same sexy outfit from earlier. I tried to keep my eyes from violating her anatomical features and failed. She didn't seem to mind.

            "Jack." I snapped out of my fantasy and raised my eyes to a respectful level. "What's going on in that head of yours?"

            "Umm, nothing. I was just daydreaming." She knew exactly what I was thinking. She walked towards me, her hips swaying, and placed a finger under my chin.

            "Tell me," she teased. She leaned in until her lips were so close to mine that I could feel them move as she spoke. "Are you being naughty?" My heart rate doubled instantly. I nodded. It was all I could do. She inched back when I tried to kiss her.

            "Not fair," I said.

            "What's not fair?" Her sultry voice had me weak. "Does the virgin boy want to play?"

            I nodded again. She never acted like this. I wasn't about to complain but it did seem odd. The doorbell rang. Kayla glanced to the door and back to me.

            "I ordered some dinner," she explained. "I haven't eaten all day and I'm starved."

            I followed her to the door, eager to dive into some pizza. When she opened the door, however, it wasn't the pizza guy. Instead, it was a very perturbed looking Vanessa. What was she doing here? I knew Kayla hated her and they avoided each other at school.

            "What's this all about?" Vanessa demanded. "I haven't talked to you since freshman year and you text me about my boyfriend."

            "Nice to see you too," Kayla said.

            "Cut the shit, Kayla. What could you possibly have to say me about my boyfriend? He doesn't even talk to you. And why are you dressed like a hooker?"

            Kayla stepped out the door and grabbed Vanessa by hair. Vanessa screamed and tried to back away but Kayla held tight. She pulled Vanessa to the ground and then slammed her head against the concrete. I was too stunned to react. She lifted her head and slammed it a second time. Vanessa's head split open like a ripe melon.

            "Kayla!" I shouted. She shoved her hand inside Vanessa's head and scooped out a chuck of brain. I felt myself getting sick before she even shoved it in her mouth. She closed her eyes and swallowed the brain as if it were a rare treat. Blood trickled down my girlfriend's chin. She opened her eyes and saw the disgust on my face.

            "I told you I'm a zombie. What did you think I would eat?" she asked.

            "You killed Vanessa!"

            "So? It's not like anyone even liked the bitch." Kayla grabbed more brains and continued eating. I stumbled off the porch and into the yard. The world was spinning around me. "Where are you going? I thought we were going to have sexy time after dinner."

            I ran away as fast as I could. I stopped a few houses down and puked into a bush. I felt better after that, but the image of my girlfriend eating Vanessa's brain erased any thoughts I had of going back.