He Who Had It All

He who had it all was both slim and muscular.

He was both black and white and red and yellow, and had every color in his hair and his eyes.

He lived in a giant house, had a lot of money, but hardly worked, ever.

He had friends in tons and was liked by all. He had the looks, the charisma and the confidence to win anyone he wanted.

He was in a happy relationship, but also single. His family all loved him and he loved them.

He who had it all lacked nothing in his life, and how I wished I was him.

Until I realized... I could be him.

I am slim compared to my downstairs neighbor, I'm am muscular compared to my friend.

I am both black, white, red and yellow, and have every color in my hair and my eyes, because I realized it was never about colors.

My flat is large next to another's, and I have millions in cash compared to my friend in India, and once I find my dream job, they say I'll never work a day in my life.

I'm the epitome of charismatic in company with my introverted friend, I am confident and broadly liked if I chose the right circles. My looks are pretty good if I don't look into the magazines, and I could probably win any person over to my side if I just smiled a little more with my teeth.

My family is a mess, but in comparison to what I read some places, my family is perfection. And though I am single, I find myself in a committed relationship with my dreams.

He who had all could be me. I just never I saw it. I was too busy comparing myself with unrealistic things to realize what I have and how I can be everything I dream to be.

He who had it all didn't compare himself to anyone. He was born on the same Earth as me, shared the same things as I had and had the same opportunities as me. He had a whole planet at his disposal to fulfill his dreams, and he did.

He who had it all could be me.

I am ready to be him.