Promise Me

In my life, I've done so much stupid shit that I can't excuse.

Of that, it's only given me one useful thing to harvest; a wisdom I cannot allow myself to misuse.

~

A lot of people, including myself, struggle to see happiness through sadness and light beyond the dark.

Today I sit down and make a decision, to keep myself uplifted so I never lose myself and my unique spark.

~

It will take dedication, and it won't come by itself, so to fight my ever-lasting, reoccurring negativity, I ask myself; how? 

Nobody else can do it for me, so with this in mind, I hereby close my eyes and make myself a vow.

~

- I promise to pursue happiness from hereon out, no matter how dark it may seem, I choose to look for light;

I promise to keep my head up and shoulders strong when things weigh down, when I'm too weak to barely fight.

~

I promise to stay faithful; to my family, to my friends, to God.

I promise to accept my imperfections and my shortcomings—to love myself despite I'm flawed,

~

I promise to be a teacher and a student, to share my knowledge and stay humble,

I promise to never bash myself when I achieve less than perfection; to never hate myself if I crash before I stumble.

~

I promise to myself I'll be a better man than I was yesterday, because develop I'd much rather,

I promise to never lay a hand on the fairer sex; I promise I'll never become my father.

~

I promise to myself the next time I touch a syringe, I'll think about my sister.

I promise if I ever see my one true love, I'll walk up to her and kiss her.

~

I promise to be a lover and laugher, not a grump and never a Trump,

I promise to try and only send out positive vibes and to dodge the negativity, even if it hits me with a thump,

~

I promise to seize every day that God has given me; rainy weather, snow or sun, I will wake up and give a smile,

I promise to believe in myself; to trust that all this shit coming my way will go away, even if I only believe it for a while.

~

My biggest fear is myself and what I'll become one day if I don't look after myself.

I want no regrets in life, only love ever moving forward and the ability to not be scared when I ask for help.

~

Today I choose happiness. I promise to pursue myself and the best version I can possibly become of me; My truest form.

To quote a famous singer; 'I chose to take the world by storm.'