Chapter 6: Recovering from You

Eminem's POV

It's been a week since Valerie texted me "Fine", I haven't seen her since that day. Even though I am constantly visiting DeShaun's house, her presence is missing. Val is always smiling or trying to make someone smile, she worries about her family and everyone who surrounds her. She's such a nice person... That's why it hurts me every time I remember how tough her life was before Proof came to save her. That's also why, when she is not at home, you can practically notice it immediately. Her presence just spreads positive vibes.

I miss her. I miss going early in the morning by her house and seeing her all shy on her pajama's. I miss her voice when she says I am a hoe. I miss our movie nights.

They told me she was staying at Lea's house for two weeks cause she needed to do some writing for UNI, and that it was easier to be more focused there, knowing that Lea's has her own apartment now. So, no one could bother her for anything. But, also knowing her, and acknowledging the content of her last messages to me, I also know that she only left the house for some days cause she wants me away from her.

Right now though, we were at my place recording all the songs that we could before the releasing date came for my new album, Recovery Pt II. Dre had just arrived yesterday from California, but being honest he was not loving my "teenage kid in love" attitude. Even though he doesn't wants to admit that it is helping me to write some good ass songs though. We had been producing some beats, and Dre had just been ignoring my sad and cringy face, but suddenly it looked like he got sick of it.

"What the fuck is wrong with you man!?" he said that, and instantly turned all the music and program systems off

"Yo' I was just listening to that beat!" I answered surprised, and kinda mad gotta admit

"Do you think I care? Slim, I know you since you were nobody" he sighted "You would really think that I dunno know what that face means?" he spilled

"Nothing important... I'm just overthinking" I replied

I stood up and passed both of my hands through my face, up and down, then through my hair, crossed both arms around my chest and started walking from one corner to the other of the studio. Dre kept looking at me, following my nervous walking with his eyes. 

"Dude, you look worried, but not only that, you look like if you just killed somebody... I don't know how to explain it, is there something I should know man?" he pointed at the chair, he wanted me to sit next to him, I refused "Remember Marshall, for me, you are like my nephew, my family, my son, you fucking know you can trust in me"

"Sorry, I am just... UGH, I am so fucking stressed for something so damn..." I fell to the ground, resting my back on the wall and purposely hitting my head

Dre stood up, walked to me and knelt in front of me, he rested his hand on my shoulder.

"Yo', tell me, I ain't gonna tell nobody man, we family, always remember that"

"I know, I know, but still I am not ready yet" I sighted

"At least tell me what it is about so that I can calm myself now, instead of continuing to worry about you"

"Is about a girl, but oh man, I keep falling for the only one I should not" I sighed 

Valerie's POV