Chapter 1

Your pov

It was a Friday night, completely silent except for Gromit's soft snores on the other side of the room. It was already 2am and I still haven't been able to fall asleep but I'm not sure why. Maybe because today is my birthday and I was excited. Ever since I started living with my grandpa, he always made sure I had the best birthdays ever. My grandpa is a sweet old man and I don't know what I'd do without him.

My thoughts were interrupted when the siren for a call had gone off. Oh well, it's not like I was sleeping anyway. The trap door behind our beds opened and soon we were thrusted backwards, scaring out any sign of tiredness. We slid down the slide, grandpa followed right after, we reached the end and an arm screwed our hats on, messing up my hair in the process, I'll have to fix it...again. The slide tipped the other way and we slipped into our boots. Two trays came up with two cups of coffee, only two because I don't drink coffee. The slide then rotated, only to be grabbed by two robotic arms and we were slingshotted into the air. We landed into our jumpsuits, well, me and grandpa did, Gromit just wore boots and a hat. We slid down and landed into the car seat and were lifted into the van. I pressed the auto start button because I love pushing buttons. Grandpa quickly pulled out of the driveway and we were on our way to the Mulch's house.

On the way, I tapped Gromit's shoulder, signaling that I wanted to catch the rabbit this time. He nodded and handed me the potato sack, he knew how much I wanted to help so he would let me do the dirty work from time to time and he would only jump in if I needed help. The van quickly pulled over and we barrel rolled up to the gate, grandpa made a motion asking if I was ready, I held up the sack as an answer and gave a silent nod. He grabbed a hammer and pulled out the nails out of a section of the fence, I jumped over the loose fence, bagging the pest. This thing was pretty fast and it started dragging me around the garden.

"Woah packing job Zero! Reel 'er in old chum!"

The racket woke up a couple neighbors but I was too busy trying NOT to get a mouthful of dirt.

"Bring it here lass!" I struggled to at least steer it toward grandpa.

"To me! To me! Gotcha, thieving monster!"

He made a head motion telling me to remove the bag, I was expecting something a little bigger but when I lifted the sack, it was just a little rabbit. How the hell a tiny fur ball managed to drag me around is beyond me.

"Oh me prize! My sweet little baby! Me pride and joy!"

Apparently all the noise had woken up the Mulch's and Mrs. Mulch was rushing toward her prized pumpkin.

"You saved it Anti-Pesto!"

"Oh it was no trouble at a-"

The rabbit suddenly lunged at the pumpkin, turning it into a fierce game of tug-of-war, guess the rabbit had a little more fight in it. Me and Gromit just stood there, not really sure what to do, when all of a sudden, Mrs. Mulch accidently elbowed her husband and his dentures shot right out of his mouth and hit the rabbit right in the face! I laid my head on Gromit's shoulder trying to contain my laughter.

'Well he's done'

Grandpa lifted the rabbit up with the weird catcher thingy while the rabbit tried its best to look terrifying. Keyword: TRIED.

"Well cute little feller isn't he? You'd never think they could cause so much damage."

Mr. Mulch inspected the bunny as he tried throwing little punches, which was adorable. I walked over and started scratching behind its ears, a place all rabbits loved to be scratched, the rabbit suddenly went limp with bliss and I undid the restraints so I could carry it to the van.

"Oh he may look sweet and innocent sir, but left to their own devices, this is the ultimate vegetable destroying machine."

Grandpa mused while walking to the van, even though I'm pretty sure it's hard to call an animal a "destroying machine" when it's in my arms being timid and adorable. Grandpa hopped into the driver seat and patted me and Gromit's heads.

"Job well done you two hmmhmm."

I closed my eyes at the contact, I had to admit it, I loved being petted and cuddled. Grandpa started the van and we made our way back home. He opened the front door and we all started heading back to bed, but first I took the rabbit down to the basement where all the hutches are. After that was done I went back to the room that me and Gromit shared very quietly. That quick mission really helped my insomnia because I was completely exhausted when I crawled into bed. I slowly closed my eyes, letting sleep take over.

FIRST CHAPTER DONE :3