Chapter 4

Your pov.

We got home and I started unloading the rabbits and putting them into the hutches. It was a tight fit since we were running out of room. For some unknown reason, instead of releasing the rabbits into the wild somewhere, we just kept them like they were pets (or at least that's how I treat them). The rabbits liked me the best for reasons unknown to me, maybe because I let then out of their hutches and have a little playtime with them. It must get cramped spending all day in those hutches and by playing with them, they have a chance to exercise all that energy, making them easier to handle. 

As soon as I reached the top of the stairs going down to the basement, grandpa ran up behind me and covered my eyes.

"Your surprise isn't ready yet Duckling, just wait in your room and Gromit will fetch you when it's ready."

I rolled my eyes and smiled as he closed the door to the basement. I think I might be a little old for these parties but grandpa still seems to love throwing them so I guess I won't ruin his fun. Entering my room I sauntered over to Luma's cage and placed her on the floor to hop around. Luma is the one rabbit I decided to keep upstairs as an actual pet. We met on a job, instead of trying to hop away, she jumped right into my lap, I guess she had lost her mother so decided to keep her and take care of her. Sure I loved all of the rabbits and I consider them to be my little friends but I've had luma since she was a tiny baby so we had a special connection. She is now two years old and completely healthy, she's a black floppy bunny with a teal bow tied loosely around her neck.

Luma had finally fell asleep when someone knocked on the door. She immediately sprang to life and hopped around in circles near the door. Sometimes I wonder if she thinks she's a dog,well no matter, she's still my baby bunny. I grabbed her roaming ball (a chinchilla ball but a little bigger) and placed her inside. She was able to roam around the house but I didn't want her getting stepped on by accident. When I opened the door, nothing was there but a long ribbon with a sticky note saying "Follow me." I made my way through the hall and downstairs, gathering the ribbon along the way. The ribbon eventually led me to the dining room, which was filled with steampunk decorations. Since I have been around inventions and machines my whole life, steampunk sort of became my style. Carrying all kinds of tools around has now become an odd habit of mine. My style wasn't too weird, just a bunch of oversized/ loose shirts (grandpa likes to call them pirate shirts), leggings, lace up knee high boots, and a pair of goggles (for  bit of personal flair). I always have preferred oversized clothing because I've always been on the pudgy side and those tiny girl clothes are tight and uncomfortable.

The dining room was completely beautiful, decorated with gears, nuts and bolts, and cogs. All painted (f/c). Grandpa and Gromit were nowhere to be seen, which was very confusing. Suddenly, I felt myself being lifted and spun around. I knew it was grandpa and I let out a loud squeal and laughed as he hugged me into his chest. I smiled as this moment made me remember a sweet memory.

(Flashback time :3) 3rd person pov

It was Zero's 6th birthday and she was extra hyper that day, at the moment, there was a major game of hide and seek going on. Gromit rolled his eyes and went back to reading his book as he felt Zero crawling under the chair he was currently sitting on then swiftly (but not so gracefully) moved to under the dining room table.

"Where are u my little monster?"

Wallace asked in a sing-song tone as he looked for his mischievous granddaughter. He could hear her little giggles but couldn't pinpoint her location, Zero had always been a good hider even when she was just a toddler. He looked over at Gromit who jerked his thumb toward the dining room, at least giving him a slight clue as to where she was. Wallace slowly tiptoed toward to the table.