2 | Rendezvous Point

"Are they ready yet, Mum?" Ginny asked as Molly stood over the plate of chocolate chip cookies.

"Just about," Molly said as Joey stared out the open window and paced about every few minutes or so, waiting anxiously for any sign of someone arriving back at the Burrow. "and Lysandra should be here any minute."

Lysandra Black was a healer, and an old family friend. A newer member of the Order of the Phoenix, she was on her way from London in case she was needed to help patch anyone up after moving Harry. Her younger sister Nicolette was in Joey's year at Hogwarts, and one of her best friends apart from the trio.

"Here she is now," Joey called to Molly as a familiar figure appeared in the field outside and began walking towards the house, eager to get inside. 

Joey ran to meet her, bounding forward into the front yard and giving the woman a hug. She hugged her back tightly before taking a step behind her and looking her up and down.

"Joey, it's so good to see you," she said with a warm smile. "it's been so long."

"It's so good to see you too," Joey told her. "Thank you again for coming to help us."

"Of course," she said, following the girl back into the house where she was greeted with hugs by Molly and Ginny, "is anyone back yet?"

"Not yet," Ginny said nervously. "but we do have cookies."

"When d'you think they'd return?" she asked curiously.

"Ron and Tonks should've been back a few minutes ago," Ginny explained. "and Dad and Fred should be here any minute."

Lysandra was about to respond when she was cut off by a loud crashing sound from outside, accompanied with an even louder splash, as if something massive had landed in the pond out in the field. Wands at the ready, Ginny and Joey rushed outside and followed the sound to find Harry and Hagrid sitting in Hagrid's bike in the pond, both wearing matching bewildered expressions. 

"They made it!" Ginny exclaimed as they hurried into the pond, helping both of them out, and then getting Hagrid's bike out of the water. As soon as it was safe, Harry turned, engulfing Ginny in a hug and then Joey after.

"C'mon," Joey told them. "let's get you both into the house."

They followed her back inside and it was then that they caught a glimpse of Molly and Lysandra standing in the doorframe, their eyes both widening in shock and relief that it was Harry and Hagrid who had made it back, which meant the mission had been successful.

"Harry," Molly said, pulling the boy into a hug. "what happened? Where are the others?"

"Is no one else back?" he asked, and the girls all shook their heads.

"Ron and Tonks should've already been back by now," Ginny said in a worried tone. "and Dad and Fred as well."

"Come Harry, we'll get you some dry clothes while we wait." Molly said, leading him inside. "Hagrid, you come in, too, and warm up." Joey watched from outside as everyone else shuffled back inside the Burrow as a popping noise sounded behind her, and she turned to see two figures near the edge of the field, one seeming to drag the other.

"Here!" Lupin's voice rang out, and Joey quickly rushed over, seeing that he was dragging a nearly unconscious figure along with him, blood seeping from the side of their face.

George.

Joey got to them, immediately pulling George's other arm over her shoulders and helping Remus carry his limp body into the house. George was barely conscious, his head lolling forward as if he were a rag doll as his two friends dragged him inside.