Jem Lying Carstairs

"William you must come greet her."

"No James, there is no way I'm going to bloody greet that, that treacherous witch into the institute." The raven haired boy stated as he twirled a throwing knife in his fingers.

Before Jem could attempt to persuade his parabati any longer Will spoke. "You see this beautiful peace of art I have in my hand." He said peacefully as he continued to twirl the knife. Jem only nodded in confusion. Almost, just almost thinking Will had finally lost it. "You see that target, the one furthest from us?" Once again Jem nodded. "Well, let's imagine that's Zelie Archfeild and, this my dear friend is what I wish to do with her ugly head." Will threw the knife with such strength, a gust of wind moved Jem's silver hair. The knife landed right in the middle of the target.

"Don't tell me you're still mad because she gave you a bloody nose infront of the clave when we were younger." Jem said smiling softly at the pleasant memory.

As Will was about to retort the doors of the training room opened to reveal Sophie with Tessa at her side. Tessa flushed when both pairs of eyes landed on her, clearly Sophie and her had heard more than intended and such language should never be used in front of a lady or so her aunt Hariot had told her. "Mrs. Branwell wishes to see you Master Jem and Master Will."

They all stepped into the ancient hallways of the institute. Jem and Will fell into quiet conversation about Zelie. "I just don't see how you could possibly like her." Will protested. "She's wreached. I'd sooner give up food than attempt to be her friend."

A spark of curiosity hit Tessa. Zelie Archfeild couldn't possibly be that awful could she? Jem seemed to like her, but then again Jem seemed to like everyone. Sophie had also seemed excited when she told Tessa Miss Archfeild had arrived early. Will was always grumpy and insulting but, never to this extend. He truly seemed to have a burning hatred for the girl. "Is she really that awful?" Tessa asked Jem quietly as they neared the sitting area.

"Of course not. She's actually quite fun."

As opposed to Jem's calm demeanor Will was outraged. "Fun? How can you say she's fun? Traitor." Will grumbled as he huffed dramatically. They were almost near the sitting room when Will began to elaborate. "To start with she thinks she's the greatest shadow hunter to ever live! She puts the Lightwoods to shame." Will declared as they entered the sitting room.

Before Will could realize who was in there Jem blocked the door and allowed Sophie to lock it. "Seems like you're still not over the fact that I'm the greatest shadow hunter of this generation." A sultry but arrogant voice said from the middle of the room.

Tessa's eyes widened when she saw the girl that the slutry voice belonged to. She was in the middle of the room, sitting in an grand floral armchair, surrounded by Charoltte, Henry, and to Tessa's surprise, Jessamine, who looked strangely enthusiastic.

The girl wore a pretty yet, simple cream coloured dress that was puffy at the bottom and was tight around her small waist. It seemed to push her bosom up enough to be seductive but not enough to be scandalous. The lace upper part of the dress and sweetheart neckline made the girl's already slim body look more delicate and fairy like. She looked so dainty that Tessa fixed her posture, suddenly selfconsious of her shoulders, that seemed men like in Tessa's opinion, compared to Zelie's. The girl gave off an aura of danger and adventure just by the way she sat, as if ready to spring to her feet to fight off a demon and dance at the same time.

Her dress was beautiful but, she was gorgeous, putting even Jessamine and Camile to shame, who were two of the most beautiful women Tessa had ever seen. Tessa had always longed for shinny golden hair, much like theirs, and she was proud of her fair skin, as she was constantly told it was one of her most desirable traits, but looking at the girl in front of her golden hair and fair skin seemed bland and boring. She looked exotic and unique with lovely olive skin, soft and silky dark brown hair that fell down her back in big bouncy curls as opposed to most girls who's hair was mostly held up with a few tight little curls falling. Like Tessa had previously stated she was small, about Jessamine's height but slimmer and more delicate looking. She had full plumb pink lips. Her most striking feature however, were her eyes, a bright glowing blue, almost turquoise that hardly looked human.