Scones

I'm not actually funny
I'm just mean and people think I'm joking

"'Ello James, ready for the trip?" Zelie greeted as she sat in her spot next to Jem

"'Ello James, ready for the trip?" Zelie greeted as she sat in her spot next to Jem. Today she was wearing a powder yellow dress with white detailing all over her skirt. Her cleavage was showcased just enough to be provocative but not improper thanks to the beautiful square neckline of her dress. Her curly chocolate brown hair had been pinned up with a few stubborn locks escaping to frame her face. Zelie looked beautiful, but was just about ready to go change into her gear as the puffy sleeves made it diffficult for her to put jam on her piece of toast.

"Only I'm allowed to call him that!" A deep voice protestested making the handsome young man sound more like a child. "Isn't that right, James?"

The silver eyed boy rolled his eyes but an amused smile came over his lips as he took a sip from his tea when he herd his parabati's voice. "Why of course, William."

"Sod off, Whorendale." Zelie grumbled half heartedly. There was no way she was able to be mad when Sofie had just placed a plate of blueberry scones on the table.

She eagerly reached to grab one with perfect golden edges when a large cream coloured hand beat her to it. She looked up to give the person the hand was attached to a glare that would scare Medusa only to find Will smiling arrogantly at her as he stuffed the pastry in his mouth. "My apologizes, did you want it?"

Jem only snickered under his breath. "You're going to get it now, William"

"Not as much as I want to kill you. You horrid excuse for a human." The small girl growled getting ready to launch at Will. He truly was the only person that could get her that mad.

"It's much too early for this. Sit down Zelie dear, and Will apologize." Charlotte instructed as she sat at the head of the table.

"B-but I didn't do anything!" Came Will's protest.

"I don't care it's our last meal before you go and I intend for it to be nice. I even asked Bridget to make scones." That word only made Will and Zelie glare at each other harder. Jem could've sworn he herd a low animalistic growl come from Zelie.

"Fine, I'm sorry you're not as fast as me."

It was at that moment the rest of the residents of the institute entered. The two girls looking mildly confused but wisely nither of them chose to ask. Henry on the other hand, didn't pay the shadowhunters on the table a second thought as he sat down and began devouring food with Zelie and the rest of the occupants following his actions after a couple seconds of akward glances.

°°°

"How old is this girl, five? She doesn't need someone to hold her hand."

The tall brooding shadowhunter smirked his luminescent blue violet eyes lighting up. He straightened his back before picking up his pace and coming behind the beautiful shadowhunter. "Jealous, Zelie dear?" He teased walking backwards. A crooked childish smirk was on his face, that he only ever got when teasing the gorgeous girl. It made her want to punch him in the face.

"Of Tessa? Now why would I, Zelie Archfeild, be jealous of such an incompetent girl?" She rolled her eyes keeping her pace as she walked through the crowded London Train Station. Jem and Tessa were quite a bit behind the two blue eyed warriors seeing as Tessa was having trouble maneuvering through grown ups.

Will moved carelessly through the crowd with anyone moving out of the young man's way. "Jem hasn't been paying as much to you as usual."

Zelie smirked back at him. Her pink lips capturing Will's attention as he remebered their encounter a couple nights ago. "But he hasn't been paying as much attention to you either. Plus, that means I don't have to sneak out of the institute. I can walk out whenever I want to." Jem was like an older brother to Zelie meaning that he was very overprotective of her and he didn't let her go out by herself at night. Zelie smirked when she saw a man crossing infront of them with a wagon full of suitcases. "And William," Will looked up at her. "Watch out." Before he could question her he ran into the wagon and fell backwards. Suitcases were thrown all over the place and the hat Will had been wearing fell off into the crowd.

"Watch where your going, boy!" The huge scary guy yelled, his thick Russian accent making him sound even scarier. He was even taller than Will, who stood at a whopping 6 foot, and the man was chunky.

"Maybe, stop carring around a wagon like a forsaken donkey!" Will growled back, not seeming the lest bit intimidated by the huge man in front of him. His dark blue eyes glaring up at the potbelly man.

Zelie's eyes widened and she waited for Jem to come get his parabati out of trouble. Until she remebered Jem was with Tessa. So, Zelie put on her loveliest smile. One that showed off her deep dimples and pink lips, making her look like an angel. "My apologizes, sir. I'm afraid my brother just isn't quite sober at the moment. We'll just be going now." She interfered, trying to look as sencere as possiple.

"I'm one hundred percent sober you over grown pumpkin."

Zelie laughed nervously. "Come along, William." She said faking sweetness but there was a sharp undertone to her voice. A threat that said she would drag him by the ear if she had to. Zelie pulled Will up and looped an arm around his, pushing him forward. "You immature, rude," Zelie paused as she tried to reach for words. "Deformed eggplant." She finally hissed as she dragged Will away from the man.

Will had no problem keeping up with Zelie as she moved her slim but athletic legs under her huge skirt thanks to his long legs. Will was aware that Zelie had her arm wrapped around his, but he made no effort to get her to let go of him. He was positive she didn't feel anything for him, considering they had already kissed and she still utterly loathed him. Will wasn't sure if that statement releaved or dissapointed him, but he chose not to dwell on the thought. At least he would finally be a able to have physical contact with someone besides Jem after all these years. After all, she was Zelie Archfeild and there was no way she'd feel anything but annoyance towards him. "Deformed eggplant?" Will smiled teasingly but quickly changed it into a smirk before Zelie was able to notice.

She shrugged her delicate shoulders clad in a warm grey whool coat. "You called me an over grown pumpkin."