The Bus Ride

Thirty minutes pass and Caoimhe and eight Sentinels show up to the carnival. "Oh thank fuck that you guys are here" I say "Things are really weird over here". "What?" Caoimhe asks "What are you talking about?". Michael flies up in his finch form. "Oh, are these our rescuers" he asks. "I see what you're talking about now" she says quite plainly. "Hi, i'm Michael, I'm a Sentinel like my other animal friends here" he says "They did some experiments and rituals on us that put us in the bodies of said animals". "There's no time to talk" she says abruptly "Get these guys to the medical center in Las Vegas" she says to a team of Sentinels. The team loads up my friends in a bus that seemingly just appeared there as another team goes into the lab.

Caoimhe, the animals, and I get into the bus and take our seats. It wasn't like a regular bus, the seats were arranged around tables and there was beds at the back that my friends were in. The inside was white and clean, with computers in the walls and screens on the tables. "Alright, tell me what happened" Caoimhe asks me. I recount on what happened in the lab and as i went on, her face seemed to get more and more troubled. "And you guys are" she asks the animals. "I'm Michael, and I'm a bird" Michael replies. "A talking bird" she says coldly. "Yes, and my friends are other animals as well" Michael replies. "Ok, so you guys are what, Sentinel animals?" she asked. "No, we were Sentinels that got forced into these bodies by the scientists and researchers in that lab" he says. "We still have sort of Sentinel abilities as we can change to different forms of our respective animals, but we don't have our original abilities" he says.

"So what were you able to do before?" Caoimhe asks. "Well, i was able to tear rifts in space-time and basically teleport" he says. "Nikolai over there, the tiger, could control water" he continued. "Juno, the fox, could create illusions that were extremely lifelike" he says. "And Hannah, the ferret, could shapeshift into other people" he finishes. You could hear Hannah complaining about being a rodent in the background. "So what happened to you guys, how were you captured" Caoimhe asks. Nikolai steps up. "Well, there was this old man that had contacted us about needing help, so we thought that we needed to go help him out" he says "So we get to where we were called and we meet this old man" he says. "It was in the middle of nowhere, which Michael thought was fishy, and we come to find out that he was an exceptionally powerful Sentinel" he says. "Also come to find out, we had stepped into a dampening field that had rendered us powerless" he says "Next thing i know, we were in cages".

"Which led to this" Caoimhe says. "Precisely, we were hoping to go to the Council to see what can be done here" Nikolai says. I hear movement at the back of the bus and turn around to find........ me standing there. "What are you looking at" it says seeing my surprised face. I recognized the voice. "Wait, Charlyse?" i ask. "Yea, why do you sound confused, and why am i so high u- gaaaaah!" she says looking down to see tattooed arms. "What the hell is this!" she yells. "Stop screaming" Nate says from his bed. He gets up and starts to walk, but disappears and reappears right next to me. "Ahhhhh!" he screams. Michaels beak drops. "That's my fucking powers you thief!" he chirps, flying at Nate and pecking his head.

Nate grabs Michael and says "Don't attack me, i don't know how i got them!" Nikolai steps up calmly and says "They must've transplanted the powers somehow" looking at a now awake Viktoria playing with floating water. Taylor wakes up and sees this whole scene playing out. "I must be dreaming" she says . "Yea that's all it is, I'm dreaming. She stares at one point on the ground and a flame appears. A flame with no heat and no spread. "No waaaaaay" Juno says. "O M G, you got my powers" she says excitedly, turning into a puppy. She runs and jumps on Taylor saying "We're gonna be the bestest friends!". "What the hell is going on" Caoimhe says with her face in her palms.