Mother's Day- Mitch/Shane

A.N.- Okay so Carol won the favorite mom contest! So here's a little mother's day special for her :) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Carol sleepily cracked her eyes open as she felt someone poking her. She was met with the sight of her husband and two little sons.

                “Happy mother’s day mommy!” 4 year old Mitch cried, still poking her.

                “Happy mother’s day!” 6 year old Shane said with a smile. “We made you breakfast, mommy!”

                Jasper set the tray he was holding down on her nightstand. It had a messily poured bowl of cereal, slightly burnt toast, and a glass of orange juice.

                “The boys made it by themselves. Mitch made the toast, and Shane made the cereal,” Jasper said. He picked Mitch up and set him down on the bed next to Carol. Shane eagerly crawled up next to them.

                “Thank you boys. It looks delicious,” Carol said, wrapping an arm around each boy.

                “Here, mommy!” Shane said, holding out a poorly wrapped gift.

                Carol took it from him and unwrapped it. It was a necklace made with cheap plastic beads. Three beads in the center spelled “mom”.

                “Thank you Shane. It’s beautiful,” Carol said, kissing him.

                “Mommy! I made this!” Mitch said, tugging on her shirt and handing her a piece of paper.

                Carol took it from him and fought back laughter at her idiot of a son. The paper read “Hapy moms day I lov u”.

                “I love it Mitch. Thank you,” she said and kissed him.

                Both boys snuggled against her, wrapping their arms around her. She smiled at them softly and held them closer.

                “I love you mommy!” they said at the same time. “Happy mother’s day!”

                “I love you boys,” Carol said, her smile growing.

                                                                                                ***

                Carol thought back to that mother’s day as she walked out to the living room. Jasper and the boys had made reservations at a nice restaurant for mother’s day.

                She stepped into the living room and couldn’t help but smile proudly at her boys. They were sitting lazily on the couch, no longer the cute little boys they had been. Now, at 20 and 18, they were incredibly handsome young men.

                Both were dressed neatly in slacks, buttons up shirts, and ties. Shane had a nice jacket on over his shirt. Even Mitch, who preferred shorts, tank tops, and messy hair, was neatly put together, his hair carefully styled.

                They looked up as Carol came into the room. “Happy mother’s day,” they said at the same time, just like they had all those years ago.

                “You boys like very nice,” Carol said.

                “I look damn good,” Shane said, grinning and tugging lightly on his tie.

                “Oh, shut up,” Carol said, rolling her eyes and resisting the urge to smack him in the back of his head. She didn’t want to mess up his hair.

                Carol turned and went into the kitchen, making sure none of the boys had left anything on. She really didn’t want the house to burn down on mother’s day. That would suck.

                “Mom.”

                She spun around to face Shane. He ran a hand through his hair, messing it up, and sighed. He stepped forward and hugged her, and she smiled, hugging him back. He was still a mama’s boy at heart.

                “Happy mother’s day,” he said. “I love you.”

                “I love you too Shane,” she said, pulling away and kissing his cheek. She eyed him and smiled again, nodding to herself. He was a good boy, and she was proud of him.

                “Uh…here,” he said, pulling a little wrapped box out of his pocket and handing it to her.

                She took it and opened it, looking at the beautiful bracelet inside. “Aw Shane, it’s beautiful. Thank you,” she said gratefully, hugging him again. “I love you, you little brat.”

                He smiled at her and nodded. She left the kitchen, going out to the living room to wait for Jasper to be ready.

                Mitch looked up from the couch. “Mom, happy mother’s day,” he said.

                “Thank you Mitch,” she said.

                He pushed himself off of the couch and went over to her. He hooked his thumbs in his pockets, looking slightly uncomfortable. Carol gave him a small smile. Mitch wasn’t very good at showing affection. He would rather punch someone than hug them.

                “Come here,” she said, holding her arms open.

                Mitch moved into them, hugging her tightly. “I didn’t get you anything. I’m sorry,” he mumbled, and she knew him well enough to detect the honest guilt in his voice.

                “You don’t have to. I have you and your brother,” she said, pulling away from him. He was a trouble maker, and he had a big mouth that got him into plenty of trouble. But he was a good kid at heart, and she loved him and was proud of him.

                “I love you mom,” he said, his thumbs back to being hooked in his pockets.

                “I love you too,” she said, hugging him again and kissing his forehead.

                She released him as Shane came back into the room. He came over and she put her arms around both of her boys.

                “I love you idiots,” she said affectionately.

                They smiled at her, the same smiles they’d had when they were little. “I love you too mom,” they said, and Carol smiled, thankful beyond belief for her family.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N.- Sorry if it wasn't the best, but I tried to write it as soon as I woke up XD Also, happy mother's day to all the mom's out there! And to my own mom, who puts up with my shit and who dealt with me during my freshman year of high school when I dressed like an amish transvestite. Love you mom ;D