C. 07

Her hand lounges at the notebook being held tightly in her hands. Y/N is startled, reacting partly on reflex and mostly out of annoyance.

Y/N kicks her in the face. Hard. Oops.

***

Joanne tumbles off the bed with a pained gasp. Her hand rushing to hold her nose that was pooling blood into the palm of her hand, dripping between her fingers on to the cement floor.

The door.

It's open.

Without thinking, Y/N carelessly darts towards the door with her notebook in hand. But before she could get very far Joanne suddenly grabs hold of her ankle, causing her to fall over onto her forearms. Her notebook flying out of the room and into the hallway.

She is so close. To be free, out of this room. Just for a minute, she wants to taste the air outside of her cramped cell-like room.

And she will not let this woman stop her from reaching that desire.

With her other foot, she kicks Joanne in the shoulder, her face. Over and over until she finally let's go. She was so desperate, to be out of this room. To get out of this wretched place.

Before she could run out the door, doctors and security guards are swarming in around her.

She hasn't seen this many people in so long it startles her. Her heart is still running with the needed acceleration to run. Far away.

A security guard, a taser pointed at her chest. He is yelling at her to do things but she can't comprehend what he's saying. He circles to the back of her.

She urges herself to listen and she hates willingly giving up. Her eyes were peeled open, her lungs aching from the panic coursing through her veins. She is punctured by pins and needles of pain.

She doesn't know if they are talking to her still. Her eyesight is hazy and she wants to cripple over in despair. She wants to freeze time and run away, out the door just a few feet away. It's so easy just to run, it's so simple, yet its always out of her reach.

From where she is standing, she is facing the window. The man was by a tree, watching. Had he seen everything? She was certain he would never come back after seeing her, acting so thoughtlessly. Like a wild animal, barring its teeth.

There's a taser in her back and she is tripping toward the door. Her feet are dragging in a direction she doesn't know.

She hopes she dies soon.

***

Y/N was taken into a small office that smelled too much of lavender. The room was immediately crowded with all these people, who were all staring at her. Shortly after a psychiatrist arrived and listened to the brief explanation of one of the security guards.

After he had finished hearing them out, he sent them away.

She was told she would be getting medication to reduce her anger and become calmer, which only refueled her anger from before.

The psychiatrist told her that discussion wasn't an option, she had to take the medicine, voluntarily or involuntarily. His voice was so bitter, his words were sour.

Y/N told the psychiatrist to shove the meds up his ass and within no time the nurses grabbed her and guided her to the nurse's station, where they attempted to inject her with the medication.

Y/N had put up quite a fight, she had left scratch-marks on a nurses cheek and elbowed one in the side. She was hauled off to an isolation cell and was stripped to her underwear by female nurses.

From there she was thrown into the adjacent padded cell and got some generic hospital pajamas thrown at her. She heard the door being locked and then the lights went out.

It was completely black in the room, she found only see the seemingly endless black void surrounding her

Y/N was now screaming at the door, begging them to let her out. Her cries only seemed to bounce off the walls, unheard to those on the other side. Her throat was aching and soon her cries decreased. How long has she been screaming for?

Slowly she started to feel cold, as the room wasn't heated apparently, so she went to search for the stupid pajamas they gave her. After finding them she put them on reluctantly, soaking into the warmth and unusual softness of the fabric.

On hands and knees, she started to explore the cell. It wasn't a soft fabric, it was some kind of plastic covering some sort of foam. The walls were covered with the same as the floor, only the door was slightly different.

She could feel the edges and after a while, she even managed to find a peeping hole, but could only see a very dim light from the hall lights.

Y/N tried banging on the door, but it barely made a noise except for the sound of her hitting some plastic sheet. It made her only angrier, that she was so vulnerable in this position.

After a while, she started to wonder what they gave her since she didn't feel any calmer, nor noticed any difference. The only thing she did notice was it wasn't getting any warmer, she wishes that gave her a blanket.

She tries to stand up but found it difficult to keep her balance, the floor seemed like a very thick foam mattress, which made standing a bit weird.

Carefully she stepped to what she assumed was a wall, hands stretched out in front of her. Within two steps Y/N found the spongy wall, turned and went in the opposite direction.

It took her only four steps, she tried the other direction, with the same result. A four by four-foot room. Being aware of the size made her feel even more suffocated.

She crawled to the corner and sat with her back against it and silently cried, listening to her heavy sobs that shook her body.

At that moment, knowing and feeling are two different worlds. She felt trapped, betrayed, hurt, angry, confused and abandoned.

She has been counting the minutes and has reached hours. 8 hours she sat in exhaustion refusing to fall asleep as she continued fighting the medication that was slowly starting to take effect. Now, she felt numb. Her mind was completely quiet and she has never felt this calm in her life. To feel unmatched to the chains her mind had around her was so refreshing. Free.

A little while later the door opened and she was blinking against the bright lights of the hall, the light making the back side of her eyes beat in a dull pain. The nurse told her to come to the bathroom.

Y/N got up quietly and followed her, too tired to say anything. She was just relieved to be out of the padded room.

Y/N went to the bathroom then the nurse leads her back to her room, the sheets and covers on her bed were replaced and she wanted to cry thinking of how much warmer she would be.

The elderly nurse smiled at her kindly, "I changed your bedsheets since they were so worn out and replaced your toothbrush," The nurse pauses, her smile never flattering,  "Try to get some sleep."She left and locked the door behind her.

Y/N was then trapped in her birdcage again, feeling numb.