C. 14

Tears streaming down her face, fogging her vision and she breaks down falling to the floor. Now she will never see Toby again, she will be moved to an isolated room and they will leave her there to rot.

She is no better then Saskia.

Even with all of the guilt in her, a small part if she felt like a pressure has been lifted from her chest.

She felt satisfied.

***

She is strapped to her bed with brown belts while Saskia's body is taken out and the blood is mopped up. She couldn't stand it, the sight of the dead woman. That she just killed. She is guilty and not at the same time and invisible tears stained her skin. She wouldn't cry, not over someone so cruel and heartless.

Joanne is here and she looks disgusted, her eyes are black holes that sucked all of the emotion out of her, "You will be staying here until we figure out what will become of you."She doesn't meet Y/Ns' eyes."It shouldn't be a long wait, maybe less than an hour. The police will come here to detain you and bring you to the station...I hope you regret what you have done."She leaves the room.

The expression on her face leaves her shaking in her own skin, that's expression, full of disgust and loathing, was direct at her. She never thought someone would look at her the way she thought she would look at her families murderer.

She starts to cry, left staring out the window, waiting for what lays ahead.

***

Toby is by the window staring at her strapped to her bed. Her eyes are distant from the world around her as she gazes upwards at the ceiling. Every remaining hope she would ever escape was shattered into pieces, leaving her an empty body with no emotions.

She can't tell what Toby was feeling, she felt ashamed of herself. Why was he still here? He saw her kill a person.

When she finally looks up at him, he smiles a pained-looking smile before saying something. She wishes she could hear his voice, to hear what he has to say to her just once.

The window is an unbreakable barrier shielding her from everything she has ever known or wanted. And it would stay that way until she is stripped from this room and thrown into the unknown. She doesn't want to leave.

She doesn't want to leave Toby.

She tries to accept that she will never see Toby again, but that only results in tears building up in her eyes again. She hates this, she hates everything and just wishes...for at least a moment she could feel some sort of assurance, to feel release from this grip life has her in.

But she brought this upon herself. There is nobody to blame but herself.

Toby still gazes down at her, his hand presses against the glass almost in a last attempt to say goodbye. She likes to think he's saying goodbye and not hateful words about what she had just done.

Toby pulls his hand away from the window, puts his mouth guard on along with his goggles, then he is out of sight leaving Y/N alone with her thoughts.

***

An alarm is hammering through the walls.

The room beeps and blares to life with roaring and she goes to sit up but is stopped by the belts peeling off her skin on her wrists and ankles. She tries to shuffle around out of them but they were too tight, instead, she stills and lays back down.

The alarms go off for a long time until she hears it.

Screams, loud screams of terror and gunshots bouncing off walls. She feels her heart sink to her stomach, nervous.

This goes on for minutes, slowly, the sound is quiet and distant. Then it is completely silent.

She jumps when she hears the sound of door after door being forced open then the bustling noise of alarmed patients. She sucks in a shaky breath just as the door swings open. Her eyes wide and frightened until she sees who it is.

Her eyes are brimming with emotion and she wants to start crying all over again.

Toby is here. He is here, he came for her.

His chest is heaving up and down, two hatchets in hand and she has forgotten how to breathe properly and she doesn't know what to feel. He hangs his weapons onto a brown belt around his waist and meets her never faltering gaze.

He doesn't waste a second and hurries over and he bends down, he begins to unstrap the belts keeping her in place starting at her wrists.

"T...Toby.."She has forgotten how to speak, her eyes are peeled open in shock. She sits up on the bed as she is free from the restraints.

He pulls down his mouth guard and his face splits into an enormous grin. He's beaming at her with a smile she has never seen before, his hand is held out for her to take, his fingers twitching, "Let's get out of this shit hole."

His voice is heaven, it's deep and rough and his voice is her new favorite type of music and she never wants to let go of this memorable tune.

Y/N breaks into an excited smile, her eyes glistening with tears as she speaks, "Let's."