C. 30

He frowns at her and she can't help but study the color of his eyes all over again. Like the first time she saw them, she is always left breathless at the sight of him completely.

"You can always wake me up and I can help you fall asleep." Smiling softly at him with arched eyebrows, her parted lips slip out a small sigh, "I know. I will next time, okay?"

***

"Bye-bye, cupcake!" BEN hollers out, already halfway down the steps. Y/N looks at him weirdly then laughs as he walked into the trees, Y/N leans against the doorframe and studies the spot where he had just been seconds ago. The forest was so dense that even his bright clothes weren't visible.

The forest was ancient. The trees thick and old, roots that were twisted around rocks and some stick out of the hardened earth. She thinks it might have once been filled with bird-song and animals that roamed. But now it was aged, the trees were hundreds of years old. Its canopy was so dense that she could only see the occasional streak of sunlight that touched the forest floor. Though it was dark and eerie, she still found it pretty.

A loud snap in the forest makes her sharply turn her head in the direction the noise came from, she nearly jumps out of her skin.

Y/N is still for seconds upon seconds as she flashes her eyes all over the spot she heard the noise. Maybe it was just an animal? She decided to go with that and quickly retreated inside without another thought. Thinking about it too much would only increase her paranoia.

Hours pass since BEN had left and Y/N sits on the couch with her small journal, staring at it blankly in her lap thinking if she should open it again.

Opening it would just remind her of everything, hopefully, it would help her accept it. Not opening it would bother her that she isn't strong or willing enough to forget everything. Maybe forgetting wasn't an option, maybe it was about acceptance.

So she decides to open the journal and read from page one.

Halfway through the first couple of pages, she sees Toby from the corner of her eye plop down beside her on the couch.

With a small huff, Y/N moves to lean on his shoulder while closing the journal in her hands. His warmth is nice."You reading your notebook?" He asks her, but he already knew. She assumes he didn't want to come off as being rash on the topic. Especially this one.

She hums in response, e/c eyes looking up at him. He shaved his face, now he looked paler than usual with more of his grayish skin exposed.

Not wanting to talk about it further she reached up one hand and brushed her fingertips across his cheek and hears him take a sharp intake of breath. Trailing her fingers down and to the corner of his mouth where his scar was, she wonders how he got it. He never told her how he got it. Even if she wanted to know she wouldn't ask, of course.

It grows quiet so she states the obvious, much like he did, to break the silence, "You shaved."

Toby hums in response, mocking her. She huffs and shoves him away from her, facing the other direction.

Not long after, he grabs her and pulls her back. She doesn't resist and melts on him.

Y/N glances at him again, brushing hair out of his eyes. His hair, dark and lustrous, like a sheen fine hardwood. But that comparison isn't entirely fair, she supposes. Hardwood doesn't swish gently like his hair does, swaying with the words he speaks. A shiny varnish of his hair catches the light, the depths of that deep chestnut brown reflected all the radiance of his smile.

She suddenly wants to kiss him again, already addicted to the feeling. Being so close gives her thoughts. His touch, electrifying as always. Even before last night even happened it seemed to always be there. Whether she was fully aware of it or not.

They sit in silence and Y/N can't help but ponder more, remembering the tenderness of his hands on her face, as their breaths synchronized. A kiss with a promise of much more to come.

He might not have said he felt the same, but it was kinda obvious he did when he kissed her last night. She wasn't that oblivious. "What are you thinking about?" he asks, resting his arm on the couch cushion behind her.

She looks at him, then allows her restless fingers to touch his hair more, slowly moving lower. She stroked his cheek and his lips part, her thumb tracing a line along his lower lip.

She feels his breath on her thumb, a slow blink signaling his desire. "You," She breathes out the daring reply, the corner of her lips turning into the smallest of smiles.

She decides then teasing him is her favorite thing to do.

Watching his pale cheeks begin to dust with the faintest color, she stands up from the couch with her journal in hand.

"I'm going to jump in the shower." She tells him leaving him hanging, studying his frustrated face as she takes her leave down the hallway.

"Can I jo-"

"No."

Thank you for drawing these, they both look very cute! @rosingcrown