C. 29

Note; if you skipped the last chapter, all you really need to know is that Y/N confessed her feelings to Toby. Some spicy stuff happened but it didn't go very far because Ben walked in on them. That's all!

***

Toby turns to her with a soft smile, "Let's go to bed."

Y/N nods and was about to lay down on the couch, but Toby pulls her over to his bed, "If you are okay with it, you could sleep on the bed with me."She was surprised by the faint pink flushed on his pale cheeks. He was blushing.

"...Okay."She lays beside him and finds herself falling asleep quickly in his warmth.

***

Entry 14,

When I asked the world to hold me tight,
it only battered up my remaining hope
left in my sight.
I try to remind myself that this isn't me,
that this all must be some stupid dream.
Yet even when I open my eyes,
I still find myself screaming.

***

She woke up with a quick start.

The etching sound that lightly danced across the bedroom window was enough to send her back straight; up bold as a hot sweat washed over her face and chest. Her heart trying to escape through her throat the first chance it could get.

Nights lately, hadn't been at all easy on her, she always feels as if someone was watching. Something, even.

Y/N sighs softly, running a hand through her tangled hair. It was early in the morning, too early. It was still dark outside, as she could easily glance through the curtain.

She knew she wouldn't have the ability to go back to sleep now.

Not that she wanted to, anyway.

Waking up can be really harsh, especially if your dreams are worse or better than reality. Which seemed to always relevant to her at this point.

The saddest part of it is, though, that eventually, even the memory of your dream will fade--if you are even lucky enough to remember it that is. She remembers most of her dreams, even if all she wanted to do was destroy those memories.

When she has peaceful dreams, she's left with this lonely feeling of detachment, left to explore in the empty void of emotions, the only proof that she ever had the dream, to begin with.

Remembering that BEN would be leaving that morning, Y/N rises up from Toby's bed, that she forgot she slept in last night. Seeing him sleeping was interesting. He always seemed stiff and blocked off of all emotion, yet he seemed to let go in his sleeping state. He looked free from life's grasp.

Smiling at him, she goes to her room to change while thinking about her confessing to him the last night and the outcome. She almost starts to feel embarrassed at the memory and subconsciously touches her lips.

Leaving her room when she is in clean clothes, Y/N walks down the hall. Her sock covered feet gliding over the quietly creaking floor at the added weight.

Grimacing at the noise she was making with each step, she finally makes it to the kitchen and gets something to eat. She devours it within minutes, she didn't eat much yesterday.

When Y/N is about to set her cereal bowl in the sink, she hears a low, long creak behind her then the sound of someone breathing in behind her.

Being paranoid the past day doesn't help and doesn't give her the best thoughts in these situations.

Immediately, she turns around and chucks the bowl at whoever was behind her only to hear a startled, girly shriek and the sound of glass shattering against a wall.

"What the fuck, Y/N!" It's BEN."You could have killed me!"

"Then don't sneak up on me like that!" She yells back, irritated and still shaken up.

"I mean, I know you are trying to hide your love for me from Toby, but you don't have to go as far as to nearly kill me!"

The two don't notice the alert Toby at the kitchen entryway with a hatchet in hand as they continue to aimlessly bicker.

"--why are you even eating cereal at 4 o'clock in the morning!'

"I was hungry! I didn't think you would try to sneak up on me!"Y/N shoots back, her arms folded against her chest in annoyance.

Toby sighs, setting his hatchet on the kitchen table. With his presence now known, Y/N begins to calm down shortly after BEN who continues to grumble to himself.

Toby rubs his temples, " What is going on?"

"She started it! Not me, she did--"

"You know what, nevermind. Just go back to bed." Toby dismisses BEN. He shortly walks out of the kitchen leaving the two alone.

Y/N huffs as she grabs the broom and starts to sweep up the broken glass as Toby lazily slides back into an empty chair at the kitchen table, almost falling back asleep against his hand.

Once it was all cleaned up, Toby grins slyly, "First knives and now bowls, huh?"

She chuckles, sitting across from him at the table, "Its a pretty good upgrade, right?"

"Of course it is, you're pretty badass now."He smiles, genuinely. She loves his smile. "Who said I wasn't badass before? I've always been pretty badass."She says in a teasing tone.

"Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night," He pauses and speaks too soon for her to even think about replying."Why are you awake this early in the first place?"

Y/N tries to reply simply, "I couldn't fall back asleep." She didn't wish to mention that her nightmares were returning or that she is feeling rather off...mind wise. By that, she means the feeling of being watched, it's really messing with her head.

He frowns at her and she can't help but study the color of his eyes all over again. Like the first time she saw them, she is always left breathless at the sight of him completely.

"You can always wake me up and I can help you fall asleep." Smiling softly at him with arched eyebrows, her parted lips slip out a small sigh, "I know. I will next time, okay?"

Thank you for this, it looks lovely!