Chapter twelve: Moving in

Elizabeth's POV

It's been two weeks since the accident. My parents haven't spoken to me ever since. When I try to talk to them, they just ignored me. Not that I'm complaining because they can be really annoying.

I still can't believe they moved our wedding date even closer, it's now in two weeks time. How am I supposed to cope with all of this?

Right now I'm busy packing my bags because I have to move in with Charles, I was supposed to have moved in with him already.

He said that he would come and pick me up since I didn't know where his house was.

After hours of waiting and packing, he finally came, at least that's what I thought.

I heard a loud knock on the door. I walked to the door expecting a smirk Charles but instead, it was a complete stranger.

"How may I help you?" I asked the man who was standing in front of me by the door.

"Good morning madam, Mr Greene send me to pick you up. He had an emergency he had to attend to." The man answered.

"OK, I'll go get my bags," I said.

I ran upstairs to collect my bags. He helped me carry my bags to the car since there were too heavy.

This is it. I'm finally moving into my soon-to-be, husband's house.

Just great!

Note the sarcasm.

It felt like an hour before we got there. All the houses in the area are extremely huge. It must be nice living here.

I got out of the car to see the most beautiful house I have ever seen. That is if you can even call it a house. It was more like a mansion. It was way bigger than my parents' house. Everything about it screamed billions.

No wonder he was so arrogant.

I got out of the car admiring the view

"Like the house?" Charles said as he walked out of the house.

"I thought your driver said you had an emergency you had to attend to," I said

"I just wanted to welcome you home. So do you like the house?"

"Of course, your house is so beautiful."

"It's our house now. Come let's go inside."

That's different. He is actually being nice to me.

"OK, this way let me show you to your room." He said

"OK, why are you being nice to be."

"Well if we are going to live together and find a way out of this marriage we have to work together, oh and can you please wear something comfortable, I would like to take you same where."