Chapter forty-three: dining with the Greenes

Song: Pretty much, lying (because I really love the song)
*********************
_______________________

Charles POV

"Why exactly should I come?" I said over the phone.

"Because the whole family is going to be there," Mom replied. "Don't you want to meet your sister?"

"Half-sister," I muttered. "How are you comfortable with having her around, it's not too late to divorce him," I whispered.

She sighed deeply, "This family has been broken for a while and I think it's time we fix things. Bring your girlfriend Sandie along."

"She's not my girlfriend mom! we just friends." I yelled.

She hanged up the phone before I finished answering.

Mom's having a family dinner this weekend. She's been nagging me about it all week.

I could already imagine my conversion with Sandie, our relationship status was quite complicated right now, asking her to meet my parents would make things more complicated and awkward.

_____________________

"How do I look?" Sandie said slowly turning around.

"You look great," I said gibbering in between the sentence

She smiled at me shaking her head. "Let's go," She said grabbing my arm.

We walked towards the car, her hand intertwined with mine.

*~*

Pulling into the driveway, the house looked empty with only a few lights on. I crossed over to the other side of the car opening the car door for Sandie.

Looking from the corner of my eye, I saw mom peeking through the window with a smirk on her face.

Sandie held onto my hand tight, I could tell she was nervous. "Don't worry, they will love you," I whispered to her.

Walking into the house, the maids were running up and down to the dining room. I've never seen this house as busy.
I heard the sound of laughter in the family room.

"Sir, they waiting for you in the family room," One of the maids said.

I nodded at her.

Sandie followed after me holding my arm tighter.

Everyone was in the family room, Michael and Kate on the pion, dad with a whiskey in his hand trying to get a glance at the score of the cricket match on the TV. Mom was scanning through a wedding magazine.

Everyone stopped what they were doing the moment they saw us walk in. Mom walked right pass me then pulled Sandie into a hug. "I'm so glad to finally meet you, we've heard so much about you," Mom said. Next, it was Michael.