Chapter thirty three: running from love

Elizabeth's POV

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm.."

"I told you, it's over between us!"

"Charles, I'm pregnant with your child."

Charles stood there for a second not knowing what to say before he finally spoke.

"What!" Charles exclaimed.

I could tell he was in shock.

"I said I'm pregnant Charles, and you are the father of my baby."

He stood there completely silent not knowing what to say or do, he wasn't even denying it.

I couldn't take this anymore, it was just way too much for me to handle.

As I turned around I accidentally knocked into the glass vase, bringing their attention to me.

'Why Elizabeth? You just had to be clumsy'. I mentally scold myself.

They both looked at me wondering what had just happened, Charles looked surprised to see me.

The look on Charles's face was completely priceless.

Dion on the other hand, she looked thrilled.

(A/N: For all those who might have forgotten Dion is the girl Elizabeth meet at the dinner party hanging on Charles and also his 'side check')

I didn't know how to react or how to feel right now.

A part of me was saying 'maybe you heard wrong' or 'This isn't a big deal'. But it was a big deal, this was a baby for Christ's sake.

To think that I fell in love with him.

"Elizabeth, I can explain," Charles said, I could hear the shock in his voice, at the same time I could tell he was nervous.

I stood there, on the same spot completely speechless, it was as if I had lost my tongue and my body was paralyzed.

I felt like I was trapped inside a reality I couldn't escape.

"It's not what it seems like," he spoke again.

"Of cause its what it seems like, you got me pregnant," Dion interrupted.

The tears I was trying to hold back finally kicked in.

I couldn't believe it.

I started taking steps back, the more I stepped back so did he move forward.

I ran to my room as fast as I could with tears running down my face.

Charles was running after me calling my name.

As soon as I got inside my room I locked the door and pulled the couch behind the door in case he tried anything.

Our lives would never be the same again, not like we would have planned.

I felt like I was going insane.

He kept on knocking on my door repeatedly telling me to let him in.

I just didn't want to see him, couldn't he understand that.

I just wanted to be alone.

At list, until I sort myself out.

>>>>