Camp Out

Cassie's POV

The next day...

I couldn't stop thinking about what Veronica said yesterday about Benny and I. Are Benny and I really meant to be? Benny doesn't like me and I know that because he only sees me as his best friend. As I walking to the sandlot, I feel an arm wrap around my shoulder.

"Beautiful day to play baseball isn't, Cassandra?" I whip my head around to Benny smiling.

"Hello to you too, Benjamin!" I laughed.

"So about yesterday, what were you and my sister talking about?" Benny asked. You, Ben, we were talking about you. 

"Oh you know, the usual girl stuff. Menstrual cycle and all." I replied back hoping he would stop questioning me. 

"Forget I even asked." He chuckled nervously. I mean we're comfortable with each other, but not that comfortable. 

"Thank god, this conversation could've been much more weirder that it already is." I said with a nervous laugh too. 

"Right...I was just wondering what you guys were talking about because Veronica said that we were meant to be or something," He explained. "And I told her that was crazy because you're my best friend all." 

Damn. 

"Of course. That would be totally weird. Just imagine." 

---

"Finally, the love birds are here!" Ham exclaimed.

"Shut up, Ham!" I glared at the boy. 

"I'm just saying because you two took your sweet precious time to get here!" He said raising his arms in surrender. "Were you guys making out again?"

"How would you know, Hamilton, you don't have a girlfriend." I fired back. 

"Dang, she got you there, man" Kenny laughed at the boy

"Whatever." Ham mumbled. 

"Sorry, Ham." I said.

--- 

3rd POV 

"I thought you were her boyfriend, Benny Man?" Kenny mumbled to Benny. 

"I am not her boyfriend, Kenny. What is with everyone today? First my sister, then you." Benny said back to him. 

"Dang, sorry dude. Maybe it's a sign." He apologized. 

Benny raised his eyebrow at the boy and asked, "What do you mean?" 

Kenny sighed, making sure Cassie wasn't eavesdropping on their conversation. "I don't know, maybe, you just need to realize that you have feelings about her."

Benny laughed at Kenny's "joke". "What? No, man. I don't have feelings for Cassie. Sure, she has a nice smile and her eyes sparkle- that's not the point. What I'm trying to say is that if Cassie and I got together it would be ruin our friendship. If something happens then it won't be the same."