Michael "Squints" Palledorous

Cassie's POV

current location: a hot summer day in California

"Would you guys stop arguing on who gets to hold the ball? It's too hot outside to be arguing!" I exclaimed at Squints and Yeah-Yeah. I went to Vincent's with Squints and Yeah-Yeah because Benny and the rest of the boys needed a ball to play. I don't think Benny is aware that it is currently 95 degrees right now. 

"Squints!" I heard Yeah-Yeah shout. I got out of my trance and looked over to see Squints staring at something. 

"Wendy Peffercorn," Squints mumbled as Wendy Peffercorn started walking our way. 

She came our way smiling at us. "Hey Wendy!" I waved at her. 

"Hi Cass!" Wendy replied back looking at me then to Squints. She looked over back to me, giving me 'is your friend okay' look. "He's fine!" I said. 

"Alright. Bye!" Wendy said walking off. As she walked away, I saw Squints looking at her butt. I reacted quickly by smacking Squints on the back of his head. 

"Ow...what was that for?" He asked surprised. I just shook by head and said, "You know that was for."

Dragging Squints back to the sandlot, Benny asked,  "What took you guys so long?"  

"Ah, Squints was pervin' a dish." Yeah-Yeah replied back. 

"No I wasn't!" Squints said. 

"Yeah, yeah, you were! Your tongue was hanging out of your head. Oh Wendy Peffercorn, my darling lover girl!" Yeah-Yeah said. I gave Yeah-Yeah a high five. 

"Shut up! I got a lotta things on my mind!" Squints said frustrated. 

"Benny, I can't do this no more! I'm bakin' like toasted cheeser out here!" Ham complained. 

"I agree with Ham over there, Benny. It's so hot out here and I feel like I'm about to pass out." I complained too. 

"Alright! Raise your hand, expect for Cassie, if you wanna be a can't hack it panty wasting' who wears their mommas' bra, raise your hand!" Benny said and I smacked my forehead. 

All of the boys raise their hands in defeat. "Fine, then! Be like that! What are we gonna do now?" He asked. 

Yeah-Yeah started laughing in a mischievous way. "SCAM POOL HONEYS!" The boys all said. Oh boy, this is gonna be a long day.  

---

I got to the pool and noticed none of the guys there. I decided to change and go talk to Wendy about me being a lifeguard next summer. I walked up to the lifeguard tower and called for Wendy. She noticed and came down from the tower. "What's up?" She ask and I began to talk. 

Benny's POV (bet you didn't expect that did ya ;)

 The guys and I all cannonballed into the pool, splashing each other. I noticed that Cassie wasn't here yet. Phillips must be complaining to her about something. 

"Look there she is!" Squints exclaimed and I turned around to see him drooling over Wendy Peffercorn. 

I saw her talking to a girl. She kinda looks familiar though. "Guys, look." Bertram said.

"Woah," I mumbled. "I guess, I'm not the one who is pervin' a dish, Yeah-Yeah!" Squints laughed. 

I looked over to Cassie in a bathing suit. "Guys, am I seeing that correctly or is that actually Cassie?" Squints cleaning his glasses. 

"Benny, close your mouth or going to catch flies." I heard and snapped out of my trance. I saw Cassie in front of me. I heard the guys giggling in the background. 

"Oh, um, hey Cass. When did you get here?" I asked scratching the back of my neck nervously. 

"I got here 5 minutes ago." She said. "I guess Squints wasn't really the only one pervin' a dish, huh?" 

I laughed nervously. "Oh Benny boy." Cassie smiled. I've always noticed Cassie smile a lot. Everyday I see her, that smile gets- Benny, no focusing on girl, remember? 

After a few minutes, we're all messing around with each other. "There she is." Squints said as I noticed him looking at Wendy. She was life guard for the summers. "Every time, I go here in my adult life, there she is...lotion-in' and oil-in, and oil'n and lotion'n. I can't take there no more!" He said. What does he mean by that? 

Cassie's POV 

Squints got out of the pool walked to the diving board. "Guy, what is he doing?" I asked in concern. I saw him wave over at Wendy and she waved back. He plugged his nose and splash. He went into the pool. 

"Um, guys, thats the deep end and Squints can't swim, remember?" Bertram said. 

I widened by eyes and we all quickly swam over to Squints. We got out of the pool and huddle around there. Wendy must have noticed because as soon as we came there, she dived into the pool. 

Wendy got Squints out of the deep end and one of the other lifeguards helped her up. 

"Nevermind, never mind!" Wendy said in panic. She gave Squints the mouth to mouth procedure. 

As Wendy breathed into Squints and listen to his heart beat, I heard some say, 

"Come on, Squints! Pull through bud!" 

"Yeah, yeah, he looks pretty crappy!" 

"Oh my gosh! He looks like a dead fish!" 

On the fifth breath, we saw Squints open his eyes and smirk at us. Wait what? 

"You little pervert!" I heard Wendy shout. 

"Um, what just happened?" I asked. 

"Squints just kissed Wendy Peffercorn!" Bertram exclaimed. 

Oh crap.

---

word count: 1123

true or false:

Squints was the OG Savage! 

answer: true 

if you say false, then who are you? Squints might be a fictional character, but he did the most savagest thing! Squints kissed a woman. I don't think that any of the other boys, including Benny, would actually do that! 

remember to vote and comment! 

-Cieara;) 

reedited: 6/26/21