Night Out

a/n continuation from last week's chapter and its still Benny's POV

After I finished getting ready, I walked downstairs to see my mom, dad, and sister talking.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked and they all turned around.

"Aww, look my precious teenage boy who's ready to go on his first date with the only we would want him to date!" My mom said pinching my cheeks.

"Mom, really?" I whined as she took her hands off my cheeks.

"I'm sorry, it's just you're finally going on a date with Cassie. I've been wanting that to happen ever since I took that picture of you guys." She said.

Oh yeah, I remember that day. We went to the state fair with Cassie, her mom, my mom, and the guys. My mom got a new camera that week and thought it would be a great opportunity to use it. Cassie's mom made her get on my back. All of the guys were saying, "Kiss!" or "Just be a couple already!"

"Listen, son, don't do anything stupid and don't make any babies." My dad said patting me on the shoulder making my mom hit him on the head. Veronica and I laughed at my dad getting scolded by mom.

"Edward!" My mom scolded.

"I just don't want any grandbabies just yet!" My dad said winking at me making my mom glared at him.

My parents continued to argue and Veronica pulled me aside.

"Overall, just have fun, don't do anything stupid, and win her teddy bears or something," Veronica reassured me.

"Thanks, Ronnie." I smiled.

"No problem. Now, go pick her up and be home by 10." She said.

"Will do!" I said walking to Cassie's house.

---

I got to her house and knocked on the door. I heard footsteps so I assumed it was her.

The door opened to reveal Phillips. "Rodriguez." Phillips grumbled.

"Phillips." I said coming into their house.

"Why are you even here?" He asked disgusted.

"I'm here to pick up your cousin," I answered.

"My cousin?" He scoffed. "Is she here to teach you a lesson on how to be better in baseball because you need it."

I glared at him. "I guess I'm taking that as a yes." He stifled a laughed.

"Jerk," I mumbled and Phillips looked up at me with a glare.

"What did you say?" He asked getting up from the couch.

"I said you jerk!" I said loudly mockingly.

"You little piece of-"

"Jonathan, don't hurt him!" Cassie said coming up to block him from hitting me.

"Fine," He grumbled again sitting back down on the couch.

"Ready to go?" Cassie asked and I nodded. "Bye, mom!"