It's All Good

We ran back to the sandlot and it was empty with no Benny. "Where the hell did he go?" We all looked around and the started hearing footsteps running.

It was Benny with the Beast tailing behind him. THUMP! We turned around to the fence of Mr. Myrtle's house down. "Benny help me the Beast is stuck!" Smalls exclaimed. "Please!"

Benny walked over to Smalls and helped him lift up the fence. The Beast got out and walked over to Smalls, giving him a lick the face. I chuckled at the sight while the rest of the guys were standing there in shock. I thought the Beast would be at least the size of a Beast, but it turns out that it's just the size of a friendly dog. "What do we do now?" Ham asked.

"Return the dog of course," I said.

"Are you crazy? What if Myrtle kills us?" Squints asked in fear.

"He won't because Benny and Smalls are going to his house to return the dog back." I finalized. Benny and Smalls nodded and walked up to the front door. They knocked, but with no replies. "Who's there?" A voice came from the door.

"Um, sir, we came here to return your dog," Smalls said.

———It turns out that Mr. Myrtle knew Babe Ruth and we weren't in trouble. The beast's name is Hercules and he is our official Sandlot Mascot. Benny and Smalls had to back to Myrtle's house each day for a lesson on baseball. I think it was probably going to be worth it.

Later that same night, we all went our for s' mores at the Timmons household. We all were in once circle, enjoying each other's company. I enjoyed every bit of that moment because as we get older, we are going to go in separate ways.

When we were all done, we all went back to our houses to expect for Benny and I. I went to back to his house to watch a movie.

"I can't believe we are starting school soon." I sighed.

"Why, I thought you liked school?" Benny wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I mean, I do, but I just wish this summer would last longer," I said.

"Same. I just wanna spend all day playing baseball." Benny sighed.

"And hang out with your girlfriend?" I hopefully asked.

"I mean that too, but you know," Benny said. This boy!

"Excuse me?" I sassed him. Benny laughed.

"I'm kidding!" Benny laughed again. "I would hang out with my girlfriend any time of any day. I promise that."

"Really?" I asked softly. Benny looked at me with his brown eyes.

"Yeah," Benny replied back in a soft voice. He kissed my cheek and I smiled. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I knew being with Benny was right. After I mean, he is my baseball boy.

"I love you, Benny Rodriguez."

"I love you, Cassie Johnson."