It's Dangerous

"Cassie!"

The treehouse becomes dusty and I started coughing. I looked over to see the vacuum bag exploded. "Everyone get out!" Squints exclaimed.

The boys crowded and that only meant I had to jump off the treehouse. I ran towards the railing and jumped. I landed next to Benny.

"Are you okay?" Benny asked me. "Are you hurt? Do I need to call your parents or-"

I cut him off and laughed. "Benny, I'm fine!"

He sighed in relief at kiss my temple and hugged me. We let go and helped the guys up. "Where's Timmy?" Bertram asked. We looked around and saw footsteps coming down from the ladder.

It turned out to be Timmy with dust all over him. He said something and walked away to the house with his head down. ———Benny's POV I jolted up from my bed. Was that all a dream or did I really see THE BABE RUTH?! I got up from my bed and changed quickly. I ran to Small's house and knocked on his window repeatedly. He got up with a confused look on his face. "Meet me outside!" I said and he nodded.

"What happened Benny?" Smalls asked. I started to explain to him what happened in my dream and what Babe Ruth said.

"That dream is way better than mine!" Smalls said.

"What happened?" I asked and Smalls started explaining his dream. It was him almost getting eaten up by a baseball.

"It's alright, man." I chuckled softly.

———

"Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez, are you crazy or are you crazy?" Cassie kinda exclaimed at me. I told her about what I would do to get the ball back.

"It's the only way I can get the ball back, Cassie!" I said.

"It's the only way, you can get hurt!" Cassie explained.

"I won't get hurt, Cass!" I said. "I promise you, I won't get hurt."

I whispered the last part and pulled her chin up softly with my fingers. I brushed my thumb over her cheek and she looked at me. "I promise you that I won't get hurt. Okay?" She nodded her head and I pulled her into a tight hug. I kissed her head and let go.

"So how are you technically do this?" Cassie asked.

"Benny is using his PF Flyers to beat the beast!" Squints said. 

"Really?" Cassie looked shocked. "You told me you were never gonna use them." 

"Well, its the only way I'll run faster than the beast," I answered back. 

I ran back home and got my shoes. Trust me, I was scared. The last time someone has had an encounter with the beast was last year and we never the kid again. I was praying to God that I won't get eaten alive by the beast. 

I put down box of shoes on the ground and looked at them. Some of the boys nodded and Cassie smiled at me. I put on the shoes and took a deep breath. I'm putting my life on the line for everybody. 

I looked at everyone last time. "Promise me, you won't come back with bruises on your face?" Cassie joked. 

"I won't and I promise that." I kissed her cheek. 

---

Cassie's POV

He jumped over the wall and to the beast. I was nervous from him. 

"Do you think he will make it out alive?" Smalls asked.  

"Of course, man. Benny is a trooper!" Ham said. 

I heard foot tracks on the other side. It was Benny! Thank the world that he's alive. 

"Oh shit!" Benny exclaimed and we all turned around the see the beast jumping over the fence. Oh my gosh! 

As the beast jumped over the fence, Benny went darting off, so we followed him and the beast. Benny was fast and we couldn't keep with him. "Where did he go?"

As we all looked around a wind of air came past us. We looked to see Benny running by a car and a couple of trash cans. We ran as fast as we could. We stopped in our tracks to see the Valley Festival happening with a few shocked people. 

"Sorry, excuse me,"

"Excuse me." 

"Sorry." 

We pasted by a bunch of people. We ran and stopped somewhere. "Damn it!" Ham said. "Why did the kid have to be so damn fast?" 

"SANDLOT!" SANDLOT!" "SANDLOT!" 

We heard as Benny passed by us and we all ran. 

---

Yeah, I know. This chapter and the last have had some trashy endings. Sorry for not posting on Tuesdays. I've been busy with school and volleyball. 

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and sadly we are almost coming to an end for this book. This book will be the first that I actually finished and I'm hoping to have a sequel to the book too. I'm making more books and I'm going to be rewriting Hollywood Heights because that book was kind of a mess. I left out some important details that happened in Season 1 of Riverdale. 

Have a great day! 

-Cieara ;)