CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

It's been more than a week that Ansh has gone to New York. Initially, it was a five-day trip but due to some problem, it was extended. Avni was sad when she heard that. Every day she is eagerly waiting for his arrival.

Today Avni and Sakshi had gone to college after the holidays. They had become so acquainted with holidays that sitting through the lectures continuously for 5 hours felt like a punishment. The last lecture was going on. Both were continuously looking at the clock, waiting for it to show 3 p.m. Their stomach was growling with hunger and eyes drooping with sleep. Their patience was ticking down. As soon as the class got over, both quickly got out of the class and made their way towards the entrance. They had only one thing in mind, to eat.

"My mind is only filled with food now." Avni laughed at Sakshi's words. "Don't worry, after we reach home you can eat. Just wait for 20 minutes more. "That's the difficulty. I don't think I can last that long." "I am well aware of your melodrama Sakshi Ma'am. You just want to eat outside." "You know me so well. Let's go then." "No, mom must be waiting for us lets just go home." "Please please please let's eat outside." Both were busy bickering that they didn't realize they were already outside of the gate of the university. "Please the Avni." "Nope. Today lets eat at home. Mom must be waiting. Tomorrow we can inform her and go." Avni continued to walk while Sakshi stood at one place, sulking like a child. Avni was checking her phone and didn't notice that Sakshi was not beside her. "Avni Bhabi please." Hearing someone call her that she stopped. She turned to see and saw Sakshi sulking. "Bhabi?? Why are you calling me Bhabi." Sakshi was going to reply her when she saw someone and stopped. She was totally surprised by his presence. She was not at all expecting him here.

"Because you are her Bhabi." Hearing that voice Avni suddenly felt butterflies in her stomach. Saying that she was surprised would be an understatement. She quickly turned around and saw her husband standing, looking like a model. Avni couldn't believe that he was finally here, standing infront of her. She missed him. She had been waiting for him all these 10 day and finally he was here. She was continously looking at him.

Sakshi seeing her brother , ran and hugged him. "Bhaiya I missed you so much." Ansh smiled listening to his sister's words. "I miss you too Sakshi." While he hugged his sister , his eyes were only on one person. "Lets go to some restraunt and eat. Then we will go home." "Yess...Finally, soemone agreed." "Go wait in the car." Sakshi followed Ansh's order and quickly entered the car, while Ansh went upto Avni and stood infront of her. "Avni." Hearing her name Avni looked up. "lets go." He held her hand and led her to the car. Throught the ride Ansh and Sakshi went on bickering while Avni smilled listening to their bickering.

It was around 4 p.m that the 3 of them entered the house. The house was quiet as everyone was resting in their rooms. Sakshi quickly went to her room so that she can rest. Ansh and Avni too went to their room. As soon as the reached the room, Ansh quickly locked the door. Avni was taking out her clothes from the closet when Ansh went upto her and hugged her from behind. Avni leaned closer to him. She felt content in his arms. "I see someone didn't miss me as much as I missed her." Quickly turned around and hugged him tightly. She hid her face in his chest. "I did miss you, Ansh Ji. I missed you a lot." Ansh smiled listening to her words and placed his chin on her head. He felt happy having her in his arms. "But Ansh Ji yesterday you had told me that you are going to stay there for one more week." Ansh broke the hug and made Avni look at him. He lowered down a bit so he could look directly into her eyes. "I wanted to surprise you and I am glad I did. The look on your face when you saw was priceless." Avni blushed from the attention Ansh was giving her. Her cheeks had turned red. "You are blushing." Avni quickly looked down to prevent him from seeing her blush so much. "Ohh god seeing you blush so much I want to kiss." Hearing such sudden words Avni looked up with her eyes wide open. Ansh pulled her closer and moved his face closer to her. Avni closed her eyes with anticipant. Just when there faces was just an inch apart they heard someone knocking the door. Both quickly stepped away from each other. Ansh cursed under his breathe and went to open the door, while Avni quickly went to the bathroom to freshen up .

Avni came out and saw Ansh was half lying on the bed with his head resting against headrest while checking his phone. "Avni mom was calling you." "When?" "When you went to freshen up." "I am going to her then." "hmm." Ansh replied and went to freshen up and Avni went to Pratima.

"Mom you were calling me?" Avni went and sat beside Pratima , who was writing down something. Pratima looke up from the paper and smiled at Avni. "How was your college?" "It was okay. I am sorry mom." "For what?" "You must have been waiting for us and we ate outside." "No no dear. Ansh had already informed me that he was going to take you two out for lunch." "ohh." "Yes. And Avni I called you for a work." "What work mom? Tell me I will do it." "Help me make the grocery list . Tomorrow we will go and buy it." "Okay Mom."

Pratima and Avni got busy in making the list. It was nearly around 5:30 when they finished making the list. Since it was Pratima who was incharge of lunch, Avni decided she will make evening snacks. Avni made tea and pakoda. By the time she took the tea and pakkodas to the living room, everybody had already settled down. As soon as the trays were placed on the table, Sakshi and Ansh quickly took one one pakodas and started eating. "Yahh.. you two.. are you still kids or what... behave like humans for once."Pratima lightly scolded those two while Arjun and Ganga laughed at their behavior. Avni served the elders and then took her cip of tea and sat beside Sakshi as that was the only empty place left.

Everyone was enjoying their tea when suddenly Sakshi remembered their childhood days. "Bhaiya do you remember how we used to enjoy hot pakkodas on rainy days and then after that our mandatory hot chocolate." Ansh smiled remembering those days. "Yeah... and then we used to play ludo and you always used to lose." "nooo , you always used to lose." "No madam. I have a very good memory. I clearly remember were always at the loser end." While those two went on bickering the elders ignored as it was a common site. Avni on the other hand was amused. She had never seen those two bicker so much. "Bhaiya don't you dare lie. Avni you have seen me play right? I am good player." "Ohh please... you suk at this game." Sakshi ignored Ansh and turned towards Avni. "Avni you know bhaiya is so bad at this game that he always loses." "What??? Yahhh... don't you dare lie." "Avni you believe me right ?" "Why should she believe you and not me." "Because I am her best friend." "So what ??? I am her husband." "She became my friend first and then your wife." "So what?? I am her husband and husband are more important than friends." The bickering was becoming so interesting that the elders also began taking interest in it. They were enjoying the show . Eating Pakkodi and watching the bickering, what a nice way to spend time.

Avni on the other hand had enough. "Stop." She slightly raised her voice. Both quickly stopped at looked at her. "The best way to know the truth is to play the game. Why don't you both play it." Everyone agredd to the plan. But since it may get boring with two two players , it was decide that Avni and Arjun will join the game. But there will a twist. It will be a partner game. Avni and Sakshi on one side and Ansh and Arjun on the other.

"Wait.." Sakshi suddenly stopped everyone. "What now? Are you afraid that you will lose or suddnely your memory cam back and you realised that you are a loser?" Ansh teased her , which Sakshi ignored. "Why don't we bet? The loser has to fulfill the winner's wish. But here's a catch, the loser will choose which winner will fulfill his/her wish. Call? " "Okay call." "Call." "Agreed." Everybody agreed and soon the game begin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here another update. I hope you all will like it. Please do vote and comment.

Thank you everyone for supporting this story....