EPILOGUE

6 YEARS LATER

Author P.O.V

In a room, the sunlight was brightly entering the room through the open windows. The birds were chirping outside and the strong sunrays were trying to wake up the owner of the bedroom. But the owner ignored them and was sleeping like a dead log. But the owner sleep didn't last long as the voice of two girls singing songs was soon heard in the room. "Saengil chukka, Saengil chukka, Appa saengil chukka." The two girls got on the bed and begin shaking their father. "Papa wake up, Papa wake up. It's your birthday wake up." Listening to his daughter's voice Ansh woke up.

As soon as Ansh sat up, both the girls, Anya and Anvi, jumped and hugged him. "Appa saengil chukka," both the girls wished him loudly. But Ansh couldn't understand what they were saying. Seeing the blank face of their father, the girls understood that their father couldn't understand what they were saying. The girls hit their head with their hands and replied, "uff hoo papa, it means Happy birthday papa." After getting to know the meaning a smile formed on his face. "Thank up my princesses but you could have said it in our language. I don't understand why you both have to use Korean. You mother is the cause of it. You all are after those Korean idols. God those idols have taken away my wife and daughters away from me." "Dad doesn't say anything about them. They are very good." "God now they are defending those guys in front of me. From today onwards no Korean." "Dad you cannot do that." "I can do that and I will do it." Ansh stuck out his tongue at his children and teased them. Soon a playful fight started between the father and children. The whole was filled with laughter.

Just then a 2-year boy entered the room babbling. Behind him was his mother who was keeping an eye on him so that he doesn't fall. "pa pa pa," the boy was babbling and continuously clapping. Seeing him Ansh extended his hands to carry him. The boy slowly climbed up the bed and went to his father's embrace. "Devansh, my prince." Ansh hugged him and kissed him on his face. The little boy giggled at his father's action.

Looking at the aesthetic scene in front of her, Avni's heart was filled with warmth and love. She was thankful that she got such a beautiful family. These past six years have been wonderful. Most of her dreams got fulfilled- She became the mother of three children(twin daughters and a son), she completed her M.a degree, she got a job at as a professor at a university and now she is doing her Ph.D. degree. She always felt towards her family especially her husband. Without their help, she couldn't have achieved her dreams. Their constant support and faith in her made her strong to conquer to achieve her dreams. After becoming a mother she never thought of continuing her studies because she wanted to give all her attention to her children and her family. But it was Ansh and her in-laws who encouraged her to continue her studies and they will help her in all way they could. She clearly remembers the day when Ansh brought her the college without even asking her.

4 YEARS BACK

It was evening time, Avni was sitting in the living room with her mother-in-law and Sakshi. She and Sakshi were busy feeding the twins, Anya and Anvi when Ansh entered the living room and sat down beside Avni. Seeing their father both left their food and ran to their father to hug him. "Papa." "My princesses." Ansh hugged them and. All the three ladies smiled seeing the father-daughter moment.

"Okay girls comeback. Finish your food then you can talk with your dad," Avni said. "No maa, papa first," Anya replied in her baby language and Anvi nodded her head agreeing with he,r sister. The sisters were still learning to talk. "No. Let papa change rest first then you can play with him. In the meantime complete your food." Seeing the girls still not moving from there Ansh tried to persuade them. " Girls listen to your mom. First food and then games." "Promise?" Anvi asked extending her pinky finger. "promise," Ansh replied showing his pinky finger. The girls then ran to their aunt and mother to finish their food.

"Ansh did you bring the form?", Pratima asked her son. "Yes, mom I have brought. Thanking you for reminding, I had totally forgotten about it." "You and your memory Ansh! Start eating almonds." Sakshi and Avni laughed hearing Pratima's word. "Mom, please. Stop teasing me. I am not a kid anymore. I have already become a father." Ansh replied in a whining tone. "Yeah right. Then what kind of father whines?" Ansh didn't reply and just gave angry daggers to Sakshi and Avni who were laughing at him. Seeing that he cannot win from his mom he decided to change the topic.

"About the form. Avni fill this form and give it to me. I will submit it together." "What form Ansh ji?" Avni asked in a confused tone. "Form for your college. You will continue your studies." "Ansh Ji I have told you I don't want to continue my studies." "But why Avni?", Pratima asked. "Because it's not possible mom." "But Why?" This time Sakshi asked her. "Because if I study then who will look after everyone. Sakshi now I have two children. If I study then who will look after them. Moreover, if I study then I won't be able to give time to family and I don't want it." "Avni I don't agree with you. The kids are going to be 2 years in some months. We are there to take care of them. Avni has completed her M.a and now she is taking some time off. The time you go to college Sakshi and I will take care of them. And when you come back home you can spend time with the children and study. About the household chores, you don't need to take tension about it. We have a maid. And Sakshi and I will manage. You have taken two years off. This is enough. Now get back to your studies and achieve your dreams." "But mom..." "No buts Avni. My decision is final. I know you still love studying and want to achieve your dream of becoming a Professor. I want you to achieve your dream and make me proud once again." "Yes Avni, mom is right you should go for it." Avni then looked at Ansh trying to read his face. "If you are thinking that I am going to say don't study, then forget about it. I am actually supporting mom's idea. And I think you should go for it. Avni stops thinking too much. We are there. We will take care of everything so just fill the form. Go and achieve your dreams." Avni had tears listening to them. She had given up on her dreams but her family didn't. They had never forgotten about her dreams and were supporting her to achieve it. She didn't know how to express her thanks to them. She was really grateful to get such a wonderful family.

PRESENT TIME

Avni was still lost in her thoughts when she felt someone hugging her from behind. She came out of her trance and lean into Ansh's embrace. "Happy birthday Ansh ji." "Thank you, Love. But you are late." "I am not late. I wished you as soon as I woke up. But you were sleeping so its not my fault." "Wow, its heights of being shameless." Avni laughed at his choice of words. "Why are you laughing?" "Nothing. But just to make you feel better I even gave you a peck on your lips." "What?" Ansh broke her hug and turned Avni around. "So Mrs. Avni Ansh Ahuja, you stole a kiss from me?" "No, I just GAVE you a kiss. Not STEAL it." Avni replied confidently stressing the words 'gave' and 'steal'. "It's the same." "No, it's not. You should read the dictionary, Ansh Ji. Maybe I should send you to school with girls. So you can learn something." Avni showed him her tongue in a teasing manner and began slowly walking backward towards the door to run away from the door. Ansh understood what she was trying to do and began running after her.

Everyone turned towards the stairs when they saw Avni running downstairs with Ansh behind him. Soon the couple began running around the dining table in circles. "Avni stop." "No Ansh ji, never," Avni said and once again showed him her tongue. "Stop teasing me. I won't leave you when I catch you." "First try to catch me. You are too slow." The whole family was finding it amusing seeing those two running like children. "Avni Ansh stop. You both are not kids anymore. Your children watching you. What will they learn from you?" Ansh dad said. He tried to sound serious but he failed and began laughing. Soon, Pratima, Ganga, and Sakshi joined him and started laughing. Avni soon changed her track and went towards the drawing room and Ansh followed her. Time Anya and Anvi soon joined the two. Little Devansh seeing his parents and sisters running, got down from his seat and tried to run behind them but failed. Seeing the little boy fall, Sakshi picked him up and began running. Devansh started giggling when his aunt began running. He was having fun. But soon the chase turned the other way around. And all of them began chasing after Ansh.

Laughter was filled in the whole and nobody could have asked for anything more. The arranged story has found its happy and lovely ending.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally the epilogue of the story. I am sorry for making you all wait for so long. I hope the epilogue is worth of your wait. Thank you so much for all the support you have given me.