CHAPTER-9

That night after Ansh left the room, he didn't come back. He couldn't see her crying and at the same, he didn't want to go and console her. He was disappointed and hence decided to spend the night in the guest room. Avni waited for him till late night but when he didn't come back she went to search for him. Later she found a guest room was opened and realized that he must be here. She went back to her room. She laid on the bed and cried her heart out. That night all three slept empty stomach. After the incident, no one was interested in eating.

The next day, Avni woke when she felt light on her face. She looks around to see from where light was entering the room and found that the windows were open. She must have forgotten to close them and realized that because of that she was feeling cold yesterday. Her head was feeling heavy. 'Might be from crying so much.' Soon yesterday's event came back to her and she felt tears in her eyes. She controlled herself and checked the phone to see the time. "Ohh god it's already 8. I have so many works to do." She quickly got up and went to the bathroom. She had to take a cold bath as she had forgotten to switch on the Water heater also. She knew bathing in cold water in such cold weather would make her sick but she ignored it. She quickly got ready and once again before going out of the room, she looked at the empty bed. She promised herself that she is going to solve it today.

After doing the morning prayer, Avni headed towards the kitchen to make breakfast. Since it was already late, she decided to make simple breakfast. She made sandwiches and juice for the breakfast. She had just finished placing everything on the table when Ganga and Sakshi entered the dining room. Ganga and Sakshi took their seat and started having their breakfast. Soon Ansh also joined them. The three were sensible enough to not let Ganga know about their fight. Seeing Ansh tears filled Avni's eyes. She knew he was avoiding her. And that was killing her. The breakfast table was weirdly too silent today. Ganga saw that Avni was not having her breakfast. Instead, she was standing near a chair and continuously looking at Ansh who was not even giving her a single chance. She was now having a doubt that something must have happened but decided to not interfere it. She wanted them to solve it on their own as it is a husband-wife matter.

"Bahu why are not eating your breakfast?" Avni shifted her gaze from Ansh and looked at grandma. "Grandma I will eat later. I have some wo..." Avni couldn't complete her sentence as she started sneezing. She went on continuously sneezing for nearly 7 times. Both Ansh and Sakshi looked at her with a worried look. Ansh wanted to get up from his seat and go to her but controlled himself. "Bahu are you alright? Why are you sneezing so much?" "I am fine grandma. It's just because of cold weather." "Wear proper winter clothes. This time the weather is really very cold. You are wearing just a shawl. It won't protect you from winter. Wear at least a sweater under it." It was when his dadi said that Ansh realized that Avni was not wearing proper winter clothes. He was now getting more angry at her carelessness. She was not taking care of her properly and he didn't like it. He decided to go to his office and he will talk to her when he is calm.

"I am going to the office," Ansh said and got up from his seat. Everyone looked at him. Before going he turned towards both of them. "I will be late today so you two better stay at home." Avni knew he was still angry at yesterday's incident and that's why he was indirectly warning them. He took his laptop bag and went from there but before giving his grandmom a slight kiss on the cheek. Avni, as usual, followed him to the door. But unlike every day he didn't acknowledge her presence. Just as he was going out through the door, Avni once again began sneezing. He stops in his tracks and turned back. He didn't want her to follow him till outside as she will get affected by the cold outside. "Don't you have work. Don't follow me. Go, do your work." He said rudely and went from there. Avni got frozen on the spot listening to his cold words. She couldn't understand the meaning of his words. She felt hurt by his words and this time tears rolled down her cheeks. She stood there and silently cried.