Chapter 17

Amy frowned at her textbook as her mind went over Sarah's words again. What did she mean that she wanted to get banished? Which werewolf in their right mind would want to get banished from their pack?

As far as Amy had read in books, werewolves were social creatures who could only find comfort in their packs and mates. A rouge, which is a werewolf without a pack, often suffered from fits of rage and pain when they were separated from their pack, simply because their wolves went out of control at the realisation of not being able to mingle with its own kind anymore

Amy twirled the pen in her hand, her eyes widening as it slipped out of her hand and clattered to the floor, causing a loud bang that made her teacher stop his teaching and give her the deadliest glare she had ever received in her life.

"Will you please stop disturbing the class?" The teacher said angrily making Amy nod her head quickly before hiding her face behind her hair in embarrassment.

"Are you alright?" Liann whispered from beside Amy, concern shining bright in her eyes.

"I'm fine," Amy whispered, before staring blankly at the teacher while her pencil laid on the floor, forgotten by all.

At the end of the class, Amy walked out of the class in a daze. For some reason, her eyes felt tired and her body ached. Perhaps, it was from the lack of sleep. After all, she had only had rest for like, two hours, before she had to come to school. It was definitely not enough for her to be fresh and active in the morning.

Plus, talking to Sarah had made her more confused than she was, making her head ache more. She just couldn't understand why Sarah would say such a thing. It didn't make sense. Which wolf would ever wish to get banished? Sarah had to have a logical reason for that. There was no way she would want to get banished for no sane reason. It was just impossible to believe.

As Amy made her way to the next class, with Liann chattering her ear off about the latest gossip that had taken over the werewolf world (which was about two mates who are from rival packs and are fighting their packs to be together), she felt a tap on her shoulder.

Turning around, a smile lit her face as she found Sam in front of her, fidgeting around nervously.

"Hey Sam," she said brightly.

"Um, hi," he mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. "You dropped this," he said, handing her the pencil that had slipped from her hand in class.

"I did! Thank you so much for returning it," Amy gushed.

"No problem," he mumbled. "Um, you weren't wearing this in the morning, right?" ha asked as he took in her appearance.

"Nope. Someone accidentally spilt water on me so I borrowed Sarah's extra shirt. It was very nice of her to lend it to me," Amy explained.

"Sarah? She actually gave you her shirt?" he asked, as though he could hardly believe it.

"Yes, she did. Why are you so shocked?"

"Nothing. It's just... She isn't very nice with the people around here. It's unusual that she gives something without asking something else in return," Sam said, making Amy furrow her eyebrows.

Sarah didn't seem like she wanted anything from Amy. She just helped her without asking for something in return. It felt wrong to believe Sam that Sarah was like that but she could see from his facial expressions that he believed he was telling the truth.

"Maybe, she just felt pity on me and wanted to help me. I mean, it's not like she's that heartless," Amy said quickly.

"Maybe," Sam muttered, a voice continuing in his head. But she hasn't proved herself to be anything else.