Chapter 23

Zach looked smugly at Jared as Amy hugged her parents, a tear shedding at the thought that this might be the last time she could freely talk to them and see them. As revenge of Amy not siding with Jared, he banned her from even meeting her parents and talking to them once she joined Freedom Knights pack.

It was cruel of him to do that but Amy could not complain. She was scared. Terrified, that if she had tried to argue with him, he would not even let her bid her parents' goodbye.

Amy wasn't really close to her parents. Yes, she loved them, but she didn't really care much about them. As the only child, they had spoiled her beyond belief and she never actually really bothered considering their feelings whenever she spoke. She just did what she liked, and expected her parents to be alright with it.

Now, as she was being faced with the difficulty of leaving them, she couldn't help but regret that she didn't spend more time with them.

If only she did, at least there would be more memories for her to latch on to when she left them. There would be more times when she'd see the pride on their face when they were happy to say that Amy was their child. More memories of them spending time together. More happy dreams where she could relive memories that actually existed.

"This wasn't supposed to happen," Amy said as she hugged her mother.

"I know, sweetheart, and I don't blame you for choosing your mate. He is your future and you have every right to be with him. What I am not happy about, is that Jared has put this stupid restriction on us! How am I going to know what is going on with my little girl if I can't even meet her?" Her mother replied, tears escaping her eyes.

"Now, Lily, don't cry. You don't want to say goodbye to Amy with tears in your eyes, right?" Amy's father said, wrapping a shoulder around his wife.

Amy started sobbing again. "Dad! I'm so sorry I made the past few days horrible! I was blaming you for something that you had done to let me have a normal life. I'm so sorry! Please forgive me! I can't leave without knowing that you are still upset with me!"

"Of course not, sweetheart! I am not upset with you. Now, wipe away those tears! You're my princess, and princesses don't cry, okay?"

Amy nodded her head, swiping a finger under her eyes to wipe away the tears. Sniffing loudly, she said goodbye to everyone else before following Zach and Sam into the car.

Her three suitcases of clothes and possessions were already in the car booth. Even though it was not much, Amy could not bring herself to take anything else from her house. It would have made her miss home more than anything if she did.

Amy laid her head against the car door. Looking at Sam sitting beside her on the passenger seat, she frowned.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" she asked, wondering why he had no words after so much that had happened.

"What am I supposed to say? Sorry that you had to leave your parents because of me? That I'm happy because you are finally going to be with me? That I don't know what to say to you except I'm sorry that I marked you without your  permission? Either way, whatever I say is either going to hurt you or make you angry!" Sam yelled, before his eyes widened and he slapped a hand over his mouth. "I was not supposed to say that," he whispered, shocked.

Amy gulped, gritting her teeth. "You're right. You shouldn't have said anything."

Sam blinked, his eyes crinkling with worry. "I really didn't mean to say that. I.. I don't know what came over me. I'm sorry," he said, exchanging a look with Zach who was in the driver's seat.

Amy heaved out a sigh before closing her eyes. The pack house wasn't far away but acting like she was going to sleep was better than talking to her mate who was aggravating her more than giving her comfort.

Goodness knew leaving her parents wasn't easy, but Sam could have helped make it better. He could have said something nice or at least done something small that made her feel like she was right in choosing him over her parents.

No, he didn't do anything like that. Instead, he just told her exactly what was on his mind, knowing that it was the one time when she didn't need to know.

Amy groaned internally. Why couldn't he be like the guys in books? Why?

Sorry! I know this is short but I didn't want to make it longer and fit everything inside. For some reason, my brain keeps on thinking about what's going to happen next in this book and refuses to bridge the gap between then and now. It's getting annoying, tbh.

Anyways, how are you all? I'm finally recovered (with the occasional fits of cough, but who cares about that!)... Thank you so much for your well wishes and the remedies! They really helped and it made my day!!!!!

How did you all find this chapter? Good? Meh? Bad?

I want to ask more but I don't want to make this author's note too long, so...

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!!!

Thank you for reading!! :)