Chapter 30

Months passed. Amy and Sarah (who still refused to be called Seraphina) got closer, spending each of their training session as a way to plan on how Sarah could leave the pack without getting herself killed.

Lying was not an option, as any Alpha could smell the lie rolling off a pack member. So, instead, creative strategies were made every week, each being discarded due to some kind of flaw.

Amy, on her own, had gotten way better in a lot of things since then. Sam and she had finally gone on their first date (which Amy had been anticipating for since the day he marked her).

It was very cute, with Sam buying her a bouquet of flowers with a letter that asked her out since he was too nervous to verbally say it. Then, during their date, he brought her to the woods and let her formally meet his wolf who was absolutely beautiful and a pleasure to meet.

They had a small picnic and Sam showed her one of his secret hideouts in the pack, a small cave near a river that was connected to the field near their school. It was really wonderful going into the cave and coming out facing the huge building that Amy was glad she didn't have to go to anymore.

What had been most surprising was that Sam had made every item in the picnic himself. From the chocolate chip cookies to the apple pies, he had baked them all. It was too cute to imagine him standing in front of the oven, waiting patiently for the food to be done.

After that date, they went out again several times. It was amazing, exploring their bond slowly and learning more about each other. With every new thing they did together, she could see Sam opening himself to her more and more. It was amazing how he could talk to her without hesitating the slightest when he stuttered, even when he talked to his mother.

There had been one moment when he had made Sam upset, though. Not intentionally, but his honesty lead to her not knowing whether she should throw a vase to his head for not making her his top priority or give him a tight hug for making such a difficult choice.

They had been strolling along the park, crisp autumn leaves flying around them and falling on the ground and on their heads.

"Alright. So, if it ever comes between the pack and I, who would you choose?" she asked casually despite the accelerated beating of her heart.

"Between the pack and you, you. But, if it comes between the  Alpha and you, I'll have to choose the Alpha," he said honestly, before realizing the impact of his words as he saw the crushed look on Amy's face.

"No! No, it's not because I value him more than you or anything. Honestly, I love you! It's just because of the oath all Betas have to take, swearing loyalty to their Alphas, putting them even before their mate! I promise!" Sam ranted, looking so cute that it made Amy's face flush just looking at him.

"I understand," she said softly before her eyes widened. "Wait... You love me?"

"Wh.. What?"  Sam stuttered, embarrassment turning his cheeks pink.

Amy slid up closer to him, whispering into his ears. "Don't worry! I love you too!" she said, before walking away along the path once more, leaving Sam standing there, shell-shocked.

Though Amy was surprised at how bold she had been(and was becoming), it was absolutely amazing to see Sam get shocked every time she did something out of character.

Since college was going to start in about two months, Amy spent the first month of her break digitalizing all of the Beta's paperwork. It was hard to feed in all that information into the computer but once that was done, it made life way easier for her. What you used to take one hour to search for, now took her less than five minutes and Amy was glad to say that she finally had lots of free time on her hands.

It was a Sunday, and the Alpha Female decided to make a brilliant plan of going out to the mall. Even though Amy was not that enthusiastic, she still had to go since she was her personal 'bodyguard'. 

As much as Amy had tried to get close to Giselle, it was too hard, perhaps because Zach made sure that everyone was always formal with the Alpha Female, no one should be disrespectful and all,  and that made it hard for her to make friends.

It was mostly awkward to be around the Alpha Female. Every time they tried to get close, Zach would appear out of nowhere and start getting angry at how informal she was being with Giselle. It was awful, and Amy couldn't imagine how terrible it must be for Giselle, who was alone in this pack with no one other them her temperamental mate and her little brother.

"Are you ready?" Giselle asked, a smile on her face as she tugged her brother along with her.

Amy nodded, looking around wondering whether Zach was also coming. "The Alpha's not here yet?"

"Oh no, he is not coming. He has lots of work to do," Giselle said, before kneeling down to her brother and whispering something in his ear that made him run excitedly to the car and take a seat.

"I had to bribe him with ice cream. I hope you don't mind," she said softly.

Amy shook her head. "Nope. I wanted to get myself some ice cream anyways."

Throughout the trip, it was a relief that the Alpha was not with them. Despite being hesitant to go with Giselle, it was actually quite wonderful to spend time with her. She was fun and daring and very out-spoken, a side of her that Amy had never seen when she was with the Alpha.

With cups of ice-cream in one hand and shopping bags in another, they exited the mall, smiles on their faces as they made their way to the car.

All of a sudden, a loud bang sounded and they watched in horror as a few feet away from them, the car exploded into flames. Amy froze, staring at the car and it was too late when she realized that Giselle had been captured by a man covered in black, a gun pointing at her head.

Heyy!! So, I'm quite proud to get this chapter in earlier them I had scheduled to!! (Maybe, it's cuz I'm using this study break to write, oops? 😂)

Anyways, how was this chapter? I tried to fast-forward the pace of this book while still giving you guys a rough idea of what happened in the past few months. I hope it was alright. Was it good? Bad? Meh?

Don't forget to vote, comment and share this book if you have liked it so far!!!

Thank you sooooo much for reading this book and sticking around!!! :)