Chapter 28

Amy was wrong. Very wrong! The Alpha Female was much more better than she thought. More prettier, more sensible, more knowledgeable, definitely the kind of leader the pack needed.

Of course, this could not have been said from one meeting, but everyone could feel all of that radiating from her the moment they saw her at the meeting in front of the pack house where the entire pack had gathered. It was so obvious; she was indeed perfect!

Amy, however, couldn't see anything like that in the new arrival in the pack. Sure, she was pretty, with her long blond hair and dazzling sapphire eyes, but that was it. There was nothing extraordinary in her and she wondered how anybody could see how 'wise and knowledgeable and leadership-material' she was by just looking at her. Did she carry a banner on her forehead saying that that was solely invisible to Amy?

To make matters worse, Amy could see that the Alpha Female was hiding something. The way she shuffled her feet, hiding her face behind her hair, it obviously screamed out the word 'trouble'. Of course, it could have meant that she was shy or not confident in front of the pack, but Amy knew better, and her grin turned especially evil when a young boy, roughly aged five years old stepped out from behind the Alpha Female.

When the pack saw that, they turned into furious kittens, yelling and scratching into the air, demanding an explanation. An Alpha Female with a kid? That was simply unheard of! The Alpha and his mate tried to explain, that he was just her brother, but the pack didn't seem to hear anything. Amy's grin got wider.

Amy stared at the ground with guilt.  What was the use of hating the Alpha Female? She was, after all, the Alpha's soulmate and one of the pack's leaders. Plus, she might even turn out to be Amy's friend in the future. Being mean, even internally, would not help anyone.

Just because Amy was jealous of the her (and she felt very ashamed to admit that, even internally), it didn't necessarily mean that the Alpha Female was a bad person. After all, she was new to the pack and if she was anything like Amy, she must be feeling extremely lost and scared in front of the pack.

Amy tried to give the new member of the pack a small smile, as though trying to convey the message that she believed that the young child was her brother, and when the Alpha Female caught her eye, she could see the gratefulness in her expression.

When the meeting was dispersed, the pack grumbling under their breath about their Alpha Female, Amy found herself walking towards her, who looked extremely uncomfortable, hiding her brother in her long, blue dress and she looked as though she just wanted to run away.

"Hi, I'm Amy," she said, extending her hand.

"I'm Giselle," the Alpha Female said timidly, sounding nothing like the confident woman that was trying to introduce herself to the pack.

"Nice to meet you. Welcome to the pack! I know they all were quite annoyed but don't worry, they'll accept you and your little brother in no time!" Amy said, forcing a cheerful grin on her face as she tried to lift up her spirits.

Giselle weakly smiled at her, trying to show her appreciation for Amy's enthusiasm even though she did not look convinced. "Thanks," she said softly before being rushed away by Zach. Giselle's little brother ran after his sister, looking back to smile at Amy before he went out of the room.

Amy smiled to herself. She felt slightly better being nice to the Alpha Female. Plus, as the Beta Female, she was going to be working hand in hand with her to improve the pack. So, being enemies just didn't make sense. With that, Amy left the room, in search of her mate.

Turns out, she didn't have to search for him. Sam came looking for her, instead.

"Alpha's calling you," he said before shyly taking her hand in his and leading her to Zach's office.

Amy smiled at the gesture. If having an Alpha Female, somehow, was making her mate more bolder and out-spoken, she really didn't mind her presence.

"Why is he calling me for?" Amy asked although she knew that it was most probably about her going to college soon.

"I- I don't know," Sam replied. Amy nodded before they both entered the Alpha's office. Her eyes widened when she realised that they did not knock on the door and she wondered if Zach would be furious at them since he seemed to have been in such a bad mood a while ago.

"Sam, Amy, what are you doing here?" the Alpha asked, rubbing his forehead.

"You called me...?" Amy replied, unsure whether she should leave.

"Oh, yes, I did. Amy, I know you have a lot of work, but Giselle needs to be protected and since you seem like the only person who was nice enough to talk to her, I decided to make you her, well, companion who like defends her and all..."

"You mean, like a body guard?"

"Yes."

"But," Amy glanced over to Sam, "I don't know how to fight, and I am only a human, so, how will I...?"

Zach bit his lip. "Well, you'll get trained obviously. Our best warrior is Sam, but I don't think he'll have the time to do it. Maybe, Sarah? Yea, she'll do it," Zach said.

Amy blinked. Sarah? She had wanted to talk to her since she had joined the pack but every time Amy went to look for her, she always managed to disappear somewhere else. If she got trained by her, though, that would give her plenty of time to talk. At least then Amy would understand what Sarah had meant when she said she wanted to be kicked out of the pack.

Yes, this was actually perfect. Amy grinned. Somehow, the Alpha Female was really helping her with every aspect of her life. And, she didn't even know it.

Alright, I'm soooooooooooooooo sorry!! I know it has been months since I last updated but I had a lot of personal problems and I could not write while dealing with them! But I promise I'm back and I'll make sure that I complete this story!

How did you all find this chapter? Was it good? Bad? Average?

I know it was kinda short so I will try and make the next chapters longer.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you have liked this book till now!!!

Thanks for reading and sticking with me till now!! :)