Chapter Seven

*Bailey\Pup*

  "This is not good," I said pacing the floor in my living room. "How did this happen?"

  "I don't know," Jonas said from his perch on the couch. "All I know is that Justin hacked their system a week before his death and there is a good possibility that his murder is connected to this. Especially now when these bastards are trying to hunt you down."

  "Jonas," I groaned. "My family cannot know about this. They will literally lock me in the compound and never let me leave."

  "So what do you want to do?" he asked. "I mean even though you moved you're still family."

  "I know," I sighed. "But I'm just a part-time dance teacher who has a baby. My life should be normal but it has never been and won't ever be."

  "Who has a stripper pole in her basement," he laughed and I glared throwing a pillow at his head.

  "What about you Mr.Hotshot? Your sixteen and are supposed to be taking college courses because you graduated from high school early, not working for a private company that hunts down terrorist or everyday bad guys."

  "My dad's a drunk and could care less about if I was dead," he said and I winced.  "Sorry."

  "Its okay," I sighed sitting on the couch. "Its just so much is going on and now is not the best time to be looking over my shoulder because the person that murdered my husband is now after me and my baby girl."

  "I can hang out for a few weeks," Jonas said wrapping his arms around me. "Justin was a colleague and even though he wasn't the best person he did care deeply about you and he would want you and Zita safe from all harm."

  "I know," I groaned. "But I swear sometimes I think I would have been better off marrying one of the bikers."

  "Like that guy that was holding Zita," he said wiggling his eyebrows and I shook my head.

  "First off that guy's name is Deke or Butch as everyone calls him now. Secondly, he used to be my best friend before my marriage to Justin. Lastly, don't you go start crap with him or anyone else in my Uncle's MC because I will kick your butt."

  "Ay' ay'," he saluted. "So um...Do you have any food here because I'm starving?" he said.

  "There's pizza in the fridge from last night," I said and he squealed before running towards my kitchen. "YOU SOUND LIKE A GIRL."

  "Bitch please," he yelled back. "You just jealous."

  "Am not," I laughed walking into the kitchen watching him drool in front of the microwave. "How is your relationship with Kalum doing?"

  "Fine," he shrugged. "He keeps saying that I need to be with someone my age and not an almost thirty-year-old guy."  

  "Kalum's what twenty-five?" I asked hopping on top of the counter.

  "Twenty-four," Jonas said biting into his pizza. "The man's confusing though because if I get flirted on by someone else he gets super jealous and threatens the person."

  "I know how that feels," I sighed. "Deke used to do that when I was in high school and I would get flirted on or asked out by other guys he would get so angry and the next time I saw the person they would be black and blue from being beaten up. I was always confused by him because one minute he'd be acting and say I was his and then the next he would be saying I needed to be with someone who wasn't so screwed up."

  "Yet you loved him anyways," Jonas said and I nodded. "Us and our fucked up relations ships with men."

  "No kidding," I laughed. "But I have Zita now so it's not like I can just up and start dating someone. I have to think of my baby first before myself."

  "Also he has to pass the inspection from all the guys," Jonas said and I winced.

  "Don't remind me how many people are overprotective of me and my baby," I groaned. "It took my Uncle two years to get used to the fact that I was dating Justin and then another two to be okay with the fact that I was going to marry him. Oh, and you should have heard him when I told them I was pregnant he went on and on about how my husband...yeah not I'm not even going to finish that sentence because it is way too embarrassing."

  "Your an Uncle's girl," Jonas laughed and I glared throwing an orange at his head. "Sorry."

  "Whatever," I huffed jumping off the counter. "If you are staying you can have to room beside Zita's since it is the only guest room in livable condition at the moment."

  "I can sleep on the couch," he said.

  "No, you can have that room," I said walking past him. "Also if Zita wakes up can you keep her occupied until I get out of the shower."

  "Of course I can keep my goddaughter occupied," he grinned.

  "Thanks," I smiled before running up the stairs and entering my room grabbing some comfy clothes from one of the boxes in my closet and heading to the bathroom.