Ch. Sixteen

The month went by mostly uneventful. When Amber got back to school after she was sick with the ‘flu’, she did try to talk to Ariana. However, I was there and made it clear to her that whatever she says to Ariana, Luke will hear about so she shut up. Dang, that girl is desperate. Her and Brooke did start wearing sluttier clothes. Shorter skirts, tighter shirts, higher heals. In hopes that they will seduce the guy of their choice with their trashiness. I’m glad to say that it never worked. Unfortunately, Jack and Allison didn’t break up and Luke talked me into letting the girls come. How he did that, I have no idea and I know that I’ll regret it, I already do.

“Are you packed?” I asked Ariana on Christmas Eve as we were watching The Vow in her room.

She nodded excitedly. “Yup. And Amanda is coming home to watch the kids for us. I can’t believe we are going to Florida with no parents!”

I laughed. “I know! I love airplanes.”

“Right.” She choked.

“Oh, it’s just an airplane. If it wasn’t safe, they wouldn’t let you on.” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Well, it’s still scary. I’ve never been on one before.” She said.

“They’re amazing. Don’t stress.”

“Do you think that Amber will really try to do something with Luke?” She asked with a worried expression on her face.

“If she does, he won’t give in. And if he does, which he won’t, I’ll smash both of their faces into the sand. And then throw Amber out to sea.” I said. “But he won’t let that happen, promise.”

“What about Brooke?” She asked.

I shrugged. “It won’t happen. I talked to Adam about it and he said that he’s okay with it because he knows that he won’t do anything. And I trust him.”

“What do you think Luke will do for our one month?” She asked me.

I was surprised by her change of the subject, but I smiled. “He told me what he’s doing.”

She looked at me with a ‘please?’ look. “Tell me.”

“No way. Nope. I promised I wouldn’t say.” I said, covering my mouth with my hand.

“Please?”

“You didn’t tell me what Adam was doing for our one month and you knew.” I pointed out. “Call us even after this.” In case you were wondering, last week, Adam took me out to this really expensive restaurant for dinner and then we went to the fair. It was amazing.

She let out a huff of air. “Fine.”

“Okay, well I gotta go, my mom wants me home soon.” I said, hopping off of the bed and grabbing my overnight bag that I used when I spent the night last night. “Be ready at noon.”

She nodded. “Have a good Christmas.”

I smiled back at her. “You too, Boo.” And I left out the door and walked down the stairs towards my house.

When I got home, my mom was home on the couch and watching TV.

“Hey, Mom.” I chirped.

“Hey, sweetie, how was Ariana’s?” She asked.

“Fun.” I said simply, grabbing a chocolate pudding from the fridge and a spoon.

“Come sit with me really quick, will you?”

“Uh, sure.” I said slowly as I reluctantly made my way into the living room. “What’s up?” I asked as I sat down beside her.

“Are you sure Adam going on this vacation is a very good idea?” She asked me with a frown on her face.