Chapter 3

"Creativity takes courage"

- Henri Matisse

**********************

He shouldn't have said about the nude thing at starting itself. He should have convinced with the painting alone. He sighed.

Okay, one last time. He convinced himself. If he fails he will think something else for the competition. Maybe something like murder scene? Gosh! it is too dark, He thought.

He never approached anyone twice. This is the first time he was trying to convince her.

He has stalked many girls, who qualify the criteria he put forth, but she seems to be special.

Her eyes, it spoke of pain. Being an artist, he was easily able to judge others, especially after endorsing in the nude art, he started to understand the people's mentality, through their body language.

Same way, he could judge her, he could see that, she in pain which she is trying to mask, from the eyes of the world as she doesn't want anyone's empathy.

That fear in her eyes when he followed her, the anger which made her to protect herself, these were the qualities he expected in this scenario.

As much as he could imagine her and paint with his photogenic memory, but he can't. When an artist starts to draw from his memory, he starts to see the things which are not in memory. Memory deceives us. He didn't want to risk that.

So now he is again standing in front of the coffee shop. He entered the shop, there weren't much customers, so it was easy for him to approach her.

"Your order please," she asked at him without taking her eyes off the screen.

"Posing for one hour alone," he said.

She stilled, she recognized his voice. How can she forget that voice in one day?

She looked at him and glared at him.

"Don't make a scene. Leave before I call the police." she hissed.

"Hey chill. I will leave and won't disturb you. Please listen to me once. I will pay you as much as you want. I just need you to pose that's all. You can have your pepper spray, even I will give you a knife. If you feel I would harm you, you can use them against me. I can guarantee you 100% safety." he said in hurry before she could shout for help.

She stared at him thinking whether to shout at him or politely reject him. She chose the latter.

"I am not that type of girl and I have enough money. I don't need your money" she said sternly.

"Look, you suit..." she cut him off.

"Please leave." she folded her hands in front of her.

He can't force a girl. Then what would be the difference between him and the rapist. He sighed.

"Alright. Here is my card. In case you change your mind, contact me." saying that he gave her his visiting card.

She didn't take it, he placed it on the table.

After he left, she relaxed. She saw the shiny card. It was beautiful with designs around the details.

She saw his name, Hrithik, alone.

She was least bothered about the details. Never ever she would pose him that too naked.

In anger she threw it aside. As promised he didn't disturb her.

Next day she went to hospital to donate her blood. Ever since she came to know her parents died because loss of blood in the accident, soon after turning 18, she started to donate her blood. She felt as if she was able to save her someone else's parents.

That time she saw similar figure standing in front of I.C.U. begging in front of doctor.

She instantly knew it was her uncle. She walked towards him and asked what happened.

"Diya" her uncle broke down and started to cry in pain.

"Tharun, he... he met with an accident" Tharun is his only child. He is in his teens. He always loved his sister. Many times he defended Diya when his father used to scold Diya.

"How is he now? Did treatment start?" she panicked. For her, he is like a real brother.

"Yeah, but I don't have enough money, Diya. I am such a useless father. I took away your money, now someone robbed from me on the way to hospital. I don't have any money left. I don't know how I am going to pay the bills." he sobbed.

If it had been anyone she wouldn't have bothered much. But when it concerns Tharun, her cousin brother she couldn't but feel empathic.

She knew she would have to face consequences, but at the stake of life that too Tharun's, nothing mattered to her. If it had been her uncle admitted in I.C.U she would have been least bothered and turned her heart into stone.

So she ran to nearest ATM and withdrew all her savings and paid the hospital bills without even thinking about the tuition fee she had to pay next week.

Soon the operation turned out to be successful and she left the place with one thought pondering her.

How am I going to pay my tuition fee?

***********************

Sorry for the delay.

I was keen on updating my first story. Now since it is over, I will be able to concentrate on my other two stories

How is the chapter?

Maybe Diya is too empathic, but she isn't. If ur was some unknown stranger she wouldnt have paid, but when it is her own cousin, that too the only person who defend her is in danger she had to do like that.

Isn't blood thicker than water?