Epilogue

AN/- Obsessed with this song. Plus felt this would suit the story especially the epilogue. Do watch it.

When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.

- John Ruskin

***************************

It has been weeks since Hrithik has come out of his room. He was sulking over the fact that he hurt Diya. He was angry on himself for not explaining it to her properly.

He felt someone's presence in his dark room.

"Hrithik." She called out with concern.

"Don't disturb me Katherina." he shouted.

She ignored him and turned on the light.

"What happened to you? Why are you not attending any of my calls?" he detached himself from the world after that incident.

"Hrithik. What happened?" Suddenly she gasped on seeing the painting in his bedroom wall.

"What is this Hrithik? Why have you painted Diya's crying face? What is going on between you both? Where is she?"

Hrithik narrated her from start, how he met Diya and how he ended up breaking her heart, and Katherina was listening keenly.

"Her crying face is etched in my memory Kathy. I made her cry. It isn't what she thought. I don't know how to explain why I drew our picture. I thought she will be happy. That's why I painted it. Not in the intention of humiliating her. Why would I do that to her?"

Katherina didn't tell him anything, she just stared at her.

"Speak something." He urged her. Her silence was also killing him.

"She loves you?" she asked.

"Yeah. She used to tell me before. But I didn't take words seriously. When she said that once again I realized her love for me."

"You also love her right?" she asked him.

"What? No! I like her. I like her more than anyone. I don't love her." He shook his head, it seemed like he was convincing himself that he doesn't love her.

Kathy chuckled. "Seriously you are jerk if you still haven't figured it out."

"No Kathy. I don't lo..." she cut off him.

"I know you from the beginning Hrithik. I saw the difference Diya made in you when she entered your life. You seemed to be happier. From what I saw in that party when you first introduced her, I saw love in your eyes Hrithik. I know about your insecurities regarding love. That's why you are not trusting in it. Anyway, think about it."

Saying that she started to leave. Before leaving she turned around and said.

"Explain why you drew your picture and win her heart before it is too late." Saying that she walked away.

He looked at his art work on his bedroom wall. He wantedly painted it. More than hurting her, he was hurting himself on seeing this painting.

Finally he thought what Katherina said. He was determined to set things right.

Weeks passed, now everything between them is just like their first chapter. Him in stalking her mode.

He maintained his distance from her. He watched her every movements. For past few weeks this was what he was doing.

On observing her, it hurt her again. She seemed to be doing things robotically. All he wanted to do was to hug her tightly and plead for forgiveness. But now he can't. His presence will scare her, which he didn't want.