Part 14

Day 54 of rehab: 4th July 2019.

I finally have a release date!

Wow, that makes me sound like a movie or something.....weird.....

Anyway, remember how Trent and Dr Markui were going to talk and decide on when I could go home? Well, the doctor came to see me this morning, and she said I can start counting down the next seven days.

That's right, I'm going home in a week!

I'm so happy right now, I honestly don't think I can really write much more! 

Let the countdown commence!

*****

Day 55 of rehab: 5th July 2019, 6 days to go.

Did a full half-hour of walking on the treadmill in physio today, and didn't fall over once! Talk about proper progress :)

Also had a big hydrotherapy session this afternoon, and Claire is also really upping her game - she made me do a 200 metre kick swim in the 25 metre pool (for those poor on the maths, that adds up to 8 laps - quite tiring....)

But we still managed it, and dare I say that I think my legs felt even better afterwards?? Weird, I was expecting them to be tired and sore and achy, but they weren't - they felt strong and almost like normal.

Please let things keep going this good for the rest of the week!

*****

Day 56 of rehab: 6th July 2019, 5 days to go.

Ali rang me this afternoon and delivered some really exciting news: Karen's had her baby!

Bit sad I wasn't able to be there, she's turned into a really great friend of all of our's, but Ali promised me that everything went fine and that I hadn't really missed much (according to Karen's husband Mark anyway).

She also said that they both were excited that I was doing so well and that I'm going to be home soon. I can't wait to thank Karen properly, as well as Tom and Alex and Paul whenever I see them next.

Oh, and the baby's name? Ali said that Karen's called her 'Rayleigh', after her mother, and 'Maxine' after the female derivative of Mark's father.

Why I'm so curious? Well, not long before the accident, Karen invited us to her baby shower, and she announced that we were all going to be godparents! 

That's why I just can't wait to get home and see her - it's just like whenever any of my brothers or sisters had kids, and kind of makes me wish I had one of my own......

Anyway, enough about that, not long left now!

*****

Day 57 of rehab: 7th July 2019, 4 days to go.....or so I thought.....

Got quite a shock this morning. Ali walked into my room just after I'd finished breakfast, and I was a bit surprised, because she hadn't said anything about coming up to visit.

I asked her what she was doing, and she just kept smiling at me really weirdly, said I'd find out in a few minutes, and then Dr Markui walked in, carrying a few sheets of paper, and a big smile on her face.

It took a few minutes, but then something twigged inside my head.

Even more so when the doctor passed me the papers, and I saw the heading that read "Patient Discharge Agreement".