King's Orders

Merlin worked non-stop the next day to get everything ready. He talked over the spell he'd found with Mordred and Morgana to explain how it would work and then quickly ran off to find supplies for the trip. 

Arthur had seen Gwaine talking to Percy down in the courtyard as they walked toward the training field, both looking pretty happy about whatever they were speaking about. 

Mordred on the other hand had disappeared after speaking to Morgana and hadn't been seen since. Arthur suspected he'd gone somewhere in private to practice the spell Merlin had given him. 

Seeing as there was nothing he could do to help at the moment, Arthur had found himself going over all the reports that he'd missed on the trip. Morgana had read through them and left notes on what she thought about them but had told him that he should look through them as well, just incase she missed something.

After about an hour Arthur was far to energetic to sit in his chair any long and decided to go out to the field to see if anyone want to spar. It would at least get his mind off of everything.

When he got to the field he found Lancelot and Elyan, both happily hacking away at each other. He stood and watched for a few minutes until Lancelot finally disarmed Elyan and sent him tumbling to the ground. Elyan groaned, "Again! How do you do it?"

Lancelot laughed and held out a hand, "Practice. Lots of practice." That was when they noticed Arthur and both turned in surprise, "My Lord."

He stepped forward, "Good morning." He greeted them, he'd managed to pull aside Gwen to help to on his armor, much to her amusement.

"You looking to spar my Lord?" Elyan grinned at the king and Arthur nodded, "The paperwork was driving me mad." He admitted.

Elyan gestured to Lancelot, "You'll probably get a better fight from him apparently."

Lancelot shrugged, "You're just moving slow."

Arthur drew his sparing sword and nodded to Elyan, "You first."

Lancelot laughed and Elyan mumbled something before raising his own sword. The two went at it for several minutes and Elyan very nearly beat him, only for Arthur to get a foot behind one of his and trip him up.

Lancelot didn't give him anytime to breath and immediately came after the king, swinging his sword quickly at his head.

Arthur grinned as he blocked and the two went on, fighting until they were both panting and laughing. Neither could gain the upper hand but continued anyway until they both stumbled away from each other and held up their hands at the same time.

"And I once again remember why I always thought you should be a knight." Arthur laughed.

Lancelot chuckled and waved the king's praise aside, "I still can't beat you." He was about to say something else when a roar sounded above them and they all looked up to see Sethos above them.

The dragon seemed to only saying hi and flew off leaving them to stare after it. Lancelot glanced at Arthur with the corner of his eye, "Where's Merlin?"

Arthur shrugged, "He's been all over this morning. I've barely seen him since he got me up this morning."

Elyan nodded, "He was out here earlier but it's clear he's stressed."

Lancelot nodded, "But if anyone can pull this off it's him. He's always managed before."

Arthur sighed, "He's planning on leaving tomorrow. I literally had to force him to go to sleep last night cause he was going to stay up to look at his magic books."