Chapter 10

To most of her families surprise the boys had made it all the way to the live shows on the X Factor. After several weeks of pain and suffering, this was the type of news Lauren needed in order to keep her spirits high.

The medication Lauren was receiving was helping her stay alive yet the medication made even sitting up for more than a few minutes difficult task to do. She would put on a brave face and go on with her day but Harry could see how broken she really was.

Today Lauren and the boys were going out to fulfill Laurens long desire for cooking. Lauren was always passionate about cooking but wanted to attend one cooking class in town to prove that that was what she was really passionate about.

For two hours Lauren stirred, mixed and shook ingredients to make her favorite blue raspberry cake with vanilla icing and blue berry toppings. After sharing her hard work with the boys, Harry and Lauren decided to take a walk around the local park. Harry wanted to spend as much time with Lauren as possible before he and his friends left for the competition.

“So Laur” Harry started as they entered the park “exited about finishing up your list?”

Lauren thought about her answer before responding “yes and no. I’m scared that if I finish it then that’s gonna be it and I won’t be here anymore, but im excited about finishing it at the same time. Its like a puzzle, ya know?”

“Well if you think positive about it, then you will be fine” Harry said taking Laurens hand.  “I like holding your hand”

Lauren blushed before smiling up at Harry. Lauren was still oblivious to the fact that Harry loved her and Harry the same. They never talked about it after returning home from Hawaii. All Lauren wanted was to tell Harry how much she loved him and she knew that was going to be the thing she was going to confess to him; however she needed to be confident and well when she did, and right now just wasn’t the time.

“Excited to be leaving?” Lauren asked Harry

“Yea! I mean if it wasn’t for you we wouldn’t even be doing this-“

“It was all yours dream and I wanted to be alive to see it come true”

“Well I’m happy you could see it happen” Harry said flashing his award winning smile Laurens way.

The two teens walked around the park for hours just talking, laughing and enjoying each others company.

Lauren sighed when a loud clasp of thunder rang through the park.

“rain!” Harry said as a sudden down pour came upon them.

“Harry lets go inside there” Lauren said pointing to little café place in the middle of the park.

“Just wait” Harry said as Lauren tried running away

 “Harry we’re getting all wet”

“What’s number 5 on your bucket list”

“I don’t remember! Harry come on before it started to lightening”

“It’s a kiss in the pouring rain..”Harry said as he stepped closer to Lauren. “And look its pouring” he added with a devilish smirk on his face.

“Harry I would really love to but-“Lauren was cut off as Harrys forceful lips came crashing down on hers. The kiss soon turned passionate as the two grasped onto each other’s faces.  It was exactly what you would see in a movie and exactly what Lauren wanted it to be like. Soft yet powerful, forceful yet loving. Lauren smiled as the kiss ended.

“I love you Lauren” Harry said with a smile on his face. Lauren was taken aback with his sudden confession and formed a simple ‘o’ shape with her mouth. “But I don’t care if you don’t love me back the way I love you. I’m okay with us staying like we were but after that kiss I thought it would be the perfect time to say it”

Before Lauren could reply, Liam and Louis came running over to the park.

“Guys come on! Its pouring out here” Louis yelled from the other side of the park.

“okay” Lauren said smiling up to Harry. Lauren mentally kicked herself for not saying it back but what could she do. Lauren was speechless and in love with Harry Styles-- The boy that would be leaving in a week’s time to go off and become famous. 

___

sorry its a small chapter but ive already started writing the next part cause im bored at midnight so i might have the nex part up soon. 

oh and theres only a few more chapters left in this story so its just a warning... not like anyone is reading this anyways ):