Chapter 7: Say No To This

Aaron sat in his office, shuffling papers that were apparently important, when he saw something red catch his eye. He turned to look out his window before spotting the source of the flash of red. A girl, who was quite beautiful with a curvy figure and voluminous hair, wearing a seductive dress scurried across the intersection of streets near Aaron's house. For some reason, she seemed to be going towards Alexander's house. Aaron furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

There was really nothing like summer in the city.

Alexander, someone under loads of stress, opened his door to meet someone looking pretty. As she seemingly begged Alexander for something (Aaron didn't know what she was on about), he stared intently. There was trouble in the air; you could smell it.

Aaron turned back to his work, ignoring Alexander stepping out of his house with the mysterious girl.

• • •

Alexander collapsed on his desk. He'd been trying for a week, working 24/7 with no more than one hour of sleep each night.

He was weak, and surprisingly still awake. The man was longing for Angelica and Eliza, and missing his wife.

That's when Miss Maria Reynolds walked into his life.

He heard a knock on the door, and when he opened it, he saw her. She had dark, wavy hair, which covered her face in a seductive manner. Her red dress was low cut and showed loads of cleavage. Because of this it was hard for Alexander to refrain from looking at her chest.

Then, suddenly, the gorgeous girl spoke. She had introduced herself as Maria Reynolds.

She said, "I know you are a man of honor. I'm so sorry to bother you at home, but I don't know where to go... and I came here all alone." She stared at Alexander helplessly with her big doe eyes and her curly eyelashes framing them. Her voice was a mix of kind and seductive, making her even more desirable.

She continued. "My husband's been doing me wrong: beatin' me, cheatin' me, mistreatin' me. Suddenly he's up and gone. I don't have the means to go on..." She looked at the man sadly, and of course he felt sorry for her.

He stepped outside and offered her a loan, offered to walk her home. She said, "You're too kind, sir."

He gave her thirty bucks that he had socked away. She lived a block away. She said, "This one's mine, sir," while pointing at a small cottage-like home.

Alexander said, "Well, I should head back home."

He went to leave, but felt a tug on his sleeve. Maria brought Alexander inside, his heart beating quickly as she led him to her bedroom. Her face turned red, and she sat down on the queen-sized bed in the room, straddling the corner of it closest to the door and keeping her grip on Alexander. The man had to refrain from looking down, for her under garments were showing.

Maria pulled him closer to her. Close enough that she could wrap her legs around him, but she didn't. Alexander's face turned redder than her dress as her full lips went to his ear and whispered, "Stay?"

Alexander looked at the young lady who was smiling suggestively and started to back away. "Hey..." he said awkwardly.

Maria grabbed his collar and pulled his him to her so that he was forced to rest his hands on her thigh and hip. She looked into his eyes lustfully. "Hey~"

Alexander wanted to pull away. In his mind, he knew that this wasn't right. He knew that (Y/N) would be home soon and he knew that he loved his wife.

He wanted to say no to this.

But... Maria looked so helpless.

She laid back, slowly pulling Alexander on her cheap mattress. Thoughts of his wife were pushed from his mind as Maria let him crawl on top of her.