Chapter 14

Astrid's P.O.V

        The man knocked on my door and gave me 5 joints as I paid him the money. I closed the door and turned to a surprised looking Chase. He looked kind of nervous. I ignored him and picked up the phone dialing room service again.

"Hello, may I have 2 bags of gummy bears, cotton candy, a tub of brownie ice cream, Doritos, 2 iced lattes, and tacos. Thank you." I hung up. Chase looked dumbstruck, I laughed.

"I'm just getting some munchies. You know how it goes." he suddenly looked embarrassed, its then that I realized something.

"You've never smoked before, have you?" A Cheshire looking smile crept onto my face. This was going to be exciting. I love seeing people smoke for the first time. Seeing them start to feel the high is hilarious.

"No and I don't think I will today. I mean I don't really like drugs. But i guess I wouldn't really know considering I've never done-" I cut him off. "Come on it ll be fun. Just a little." I pleaded. He hesitated before slowly stepping towards me. I ran to my bag and got my lighter after i lit the joint i put it to my lips and pulled. I passed it to Chase and explained to him how to do it. He pulled but immediately started coughing. I patted his back and made sure he was alright.

"Do it again but slower." i instructed. He finally got the hang of it. We smoked 3 and a half when a knock sounded at the door. I ran to get my food. We were already way past high. When I opened the door it was the same guy who came earlier. He had a cart filled with food. "Hey its you again. Thank you."  I started laughing hysterically while pulling the cart inside.

        It has been such a long time since I've smoked. Elliot doesn't like it so I quit for a while. Thinking about Elliot killed my high a little bit. I looked at Chase and he was so out of it, laughing at some show on TV. I picked up the last joint and finished it. I rolled the cart in front of Chase and sat beside him . His face lit up like a Christmas tree. We devoured the food while laughing our asses off as we talked about life and random things.

        We were talking about about pets when i heard really hard knocking at the door. I wasn't paying attention so i just opened the door. My face dropped and my body slouched at the sight of him. I didn't realize how much i missed him until I saw him. I resisted the urge to hug him and took in his appearance. His hair was disheveled, his lips were plump, and his shirt was buttoned wrong. I thought of who did that and sadness welled up inside me again. He was with her. I was so caught up in what i was doing and didn't feel it.

        I went to close the door but he stopped it and rushed past me. I snapped out of it and realized he smelled Chase. I walked to them and saw Elliot holding him by his collar. I ripped his hands away and separated them. "Elliot, nothing happened. You know I would never cheat on you. We were just talking and smoking." I yelled. His glare faltered and he tried to grab my arm. I moved away and looked down. "Leave. Just please..leave."

        He let his arms fall to his sides. He left, once i heard the soft click of the door shutting i broke down. The tears I was holding back spilled onto my cheeks. I turned around and held onto Chase for support. My knees were weak. He pulled us onto the bed while i sobbed into his chest.