Chapter 16

Elliot's P.O.V

        Today I had to wake up early due to a pack meeting. I looked to my left to see my beautiful mate. She had her hands between her legs and her head laying on my chest. She was so cute, her lips pouted and her brows furrowed. I couldn't help the frown that came to my face when i realized I had to get up and leave her. I kissed her forehead and went to the bathroom. Once I stepped into the shower I let my mind drift to memories of the passed two days.

*Flashback*

        The line for the bar was really long. I finally got my beer and turned around to see a familiar face centimeters from my face. I stepped back and took in her features. My eyes widened in surprise. I haven't seen her in a while. Lucy Dominique. My long lost best friend."Elliot. Its been so long." she said, pulling me into a hug. I hugged her back and said "That my friend is your fault. You just left out of nowhere." she cringed at the word friend. I was hurt at first but then she smiled.

        The thing with her is that we were together for almost two years. Madly in love with each other. We broke it off and decided to stay friends. It was awkward at first but then it changed. We were best friends until she left on my eighteenth birthday. She looked different, more grown up. The last time I saw her she was just 16. We have the same birthday so i didn't get to see her for her seventeenth.

"Lets sit." I followed her to a table."How are you?"

"I'm great. I found my mate. Her name is Astrid. How about you? How's life treating you?" I spoke with a smile on my face thinking of Astrid.

"Oh. I'm good too. Tell me about her." Right then Astrid mind linked me so I invited her over to me.

"She is amazing. You've probably seen her, she the girl with the fiery red hair. She was wearing a black dress. I'm so happy with her. She-"

"I miss you Elliot. Its so hard being without you. It hurts. Do you ever think about us? I do. Baby, why don't we give this a shot?" I was taken aback by her words.I see her eyes flicker behind me, then out of nowhere she kisses me. I stay there for a moment thinking back on the times we were together but thoughts of my mate came rushing in. I pulled away and stood up.

"I have a mate whom I love. Do not disrespect me or her by doing this. I stopped loving you when you left."

*End of Flashback*

        By far the worst day of my life. I pulled on some casual attire. A white t shirt, blue jeans, and black boots. I made my way to conference room. I sat down and looked at the papers in front of me without looking at the other people around me. I finally lifted my head and my body filled with anger once I saw the bitch in front of me.