your sunshine

JHope's POV

"Hey Hoseok. This is Hani. Mina's not at home and I found her phone lying on the floor. Is she with you? Her shoes and jacket are gone, she did not leave a note and I am pretty worried about her."

Fuck. This is exactly what I feared. Now that I know she is not home – and without her phone – I must take action. What if something serious happened to her? I don't even want to start imagining things. I take a deep breath and try to stay calm.

"No, she is not with me. I admit, I tried calling her, too." This is my fault. I should have been more careful about my words. "I will go outside and look for her, maybe I'm lucky."

"Alright. Mina is not stupid. Sure, she gets emotional, but she would never truly leave without telling anyone." Hani let out a deep sigh. "I know her. I will call the police and ask if there are any reported accidents and if so, I will let you know."

"Thank you."

I jumped up to get dressed. Shoes, jacket, something warm, a scarf. Phone? Charged. Alright.

Should I tell the others? Tomorrow is an important interview and they have to sleep...if I tell them they surely won't be able to do so. Fuck it. I will go out and if it's no use I can still get them to help me. I'll leave them a note.

Calm down. She's alright. Probably got lost. And I will definitely find her.

I talk to myself as I search for the door handle, but I end up looking at a guy that was standing fully dressed to go outside in the doorframe with his hands in his pockets.

"Let's go." Suga coldly says while wandering off to the elevator.

Wordlessly I shut the door behind us and followed him outside.

10:01pm

Hani's POV

"You...you don't think she will be mad at me for making such a fuss? Calling the police seemed a little over exaggerated." I nervously turn my mug on the table.

Hyeon: "She will understand you were just worried." He takes my hand and gives it a squeeze. "I'm sure she just needed some time for herself." His voice was calming, but unfortunately it did not get through.

"But she could have texted or just left a note!" I look down on my lap, guilty for some reason. "Damn you Mina. It's cold and dark outside and almost Chri- wait...what day is it?" Suddenly, it fell on my head.

Hyeon: "Uh, Thursday? Why?"

Me: "No, which date?!" Oh shit. Shitshitshit, not good. Why didn't I think about this in the first place? I jump up, rapidly gathering my stuff to go outside. "It's... the 19th, right?!" I fall over a few times. I must hurry.

Hyeon: "Uh, yes. Would you please calm down for a second and tell me what you know?!" He got up as well, his eyes filled with uneasiness and anger.

Me: "Grab a coat or something, we have to search for her, too! Mina might be doing something stupid."

Hyeon: "Okay. But please tell-"

Me: "Hurry!" I almost screamed at him.

Mina, please be safe.

10:34pm

JHope's POV

I led Suga to every location I connect with Mina. We have been to the restaurant where she worked, we went to her old apartment and even asked Lady Hu. She was not there or even in sight. Of course...what was I thinking.

Me: "Where are we even going?" My breath disappeared into the darkness in front of me. It's freezing cold.

I realised, after we decided to look somewhere else, I just silently followed Suga because he then suddenly seemed to have a plan, but we were walking for almost half an hour now and I still have no idea where he's heading.

Me: "Suga, you seem to know something. What are you up to?"

Suga: "Just intuition."

I stopped moving.

Me: "Huh?" Was he mocking me? Was he serious? I don't know why I trusted his silence until now.

Suga: "I met her in this Park once." For the first time this night he talks directly to me. "She was walking her dog and I was scribbling down new lyrics and song ideas." He puts his hands in his pockets and innocently starts kicking a rock in front of him. "Momo jumped on my lap and we talked a little."

Me: "I had no idea." So he really did have a plan. I'm relieved. "Alright. Let's look for her there. Come on." I'm only a little mad he did not tell me, I just want to find Mina. And if this is a hint, we should follow it.

I rush towards the entrance and take a few paces until there are no trees to block my view anymore. Suga came after me as I scan the area for Mina. The lights in the trees calmly sketch the area in front of us.

But there was nothing moving except for Suga, me and the wind that blew through the branches. No one in sight. Shit, I thought we would be lucky.

I start looking underneath benches that are in sight and make my way around the skater's place, but there was no one. I truly am about to panic. Nothing lead us to Mina and I am not capable of protecting the person that I hold dear the most.

"HOSEOK!" Suga's voice cried out. I whirl around, searching for its origin. There he is, kneeling down at the foot of a tall tree with fairy lights.

Did he-? Oh shit.

As fast as my feet let me, I run over until I could see what he looks at.

Her.
Thank god.

"Hey my Love. Are you alright? I've been worried." I said to Mina, kneeling down as well when Suga got up and took out his jacket. Finally. I've been out of options.

I search for her cheek, only to realise how stiff she is. Almost blue. Fuck. Just - how long has she been here?

Suga: "We have to act quick. She's freezing cold." His voice is trembling. I've never experienced him so nervous. Did he go through this himself once...? "Look how blue her lips are! I'll call the ambulance."

As I hear Suga almost shouting into his phone behind me, I take off my jacket and shirt. She needs warmth, or she will freeze to death – I hope it is not too late. Why is she even out here?! Mina! Stay with me. By my side! I need you.

I hesitate at first...but then decided to take off her jacket as well as her blouse. My skin still is warm from all the excitement I felt the hour before. I've seen this in movies, but I never thought I'd ever be in this situation.

I carefully move her body to hold her like a baby and press her against my warm chest while wrapping mine and Suga's coats around us. She's weak, but I can feel her heart beating slowly. Don't worry, Mina. I got you here with me. Don't worry.

Suga: "They're coming as fast as they can." He approaches from behind, then kneels down to feel her forehead. "Hold her close, I try to find a convenience store or something. I'll be right back!"

With that, he rushes off after planting a peck on her cheek. Wha- did he just-?

Wat

Aish, that guy. You know, I'm the guy pressing her half-naked torso against my bare skin and still I get jealous when something so brief happens. I should make sure I'm the warmest person ever. She needs sunshine. I'm her sunshine. I'm yours, Mina.

I started caressing her hair, desperately trying to keep any warmth inside our little tent of jackets. She's so cold, so freezing.

I press my lips on hers as I numbly catch the sound of approaching sirens from afar.